I won't give up

Chapter 15
It took Violet a moment to remember that Wilbur had asked her something, this being the reason how she ended up looking at his handsome features at all.
"W-W-What did you s-say Wil...?".
Wilbur reached across the back of the log seat and retrieved a wooden guitar.
"I asked...", Wilbur was blushing madly at this point, "if you could play  and sing for us". Violet looked around the fire and saw dozens of expecting eyes anxiously waiting for her answer.
"Well...", she was super nervous when it came to singing and playing publicly. But a reassuring hand settled on her shoulder, urging her to do so. The mauve-eyed beauty shot Wilbur a shy smile, and took the instrument out of his safe hands. Electricity flew through the teenagers as their hands touched, but it faded as soon as the hands untouched.
"I guess a little bit of singing wouldn't hurt", Violet started strumming the guitar, knowing the perfect song to sing.
'I hope he especially likes it', she silently prayed before singing the balled.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own this song, Jason Mraz does. Enjoy !

"I won't give up"

When I look into your eyes
It's like watching the night sky
Or a beautiful sunrise
Well, there's so much they hold
And just like them old stars
I see that you've come so far
To be right where you are
How old is your soul?

Well, I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

And when you're needing your space
To do some navigating
I'll be here patiently waiting
To see what you find

'Cause even the stars they burn
Some even fall to the earth
We've got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it
No, I won't give up

I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily
I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make
Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use
The tools and gifts we got, yeah, we got a lot at stake
And in the end, you're still my friend at least we did intend
For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn
We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in
I had to learn what I've got, and what I'm not, and who I am

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up, I'm still looking up.

Well, I won't give up on us (no I'm not giving up)
God knows I'm tough enough (I am tough, I am loved)
We've got a lot to learn (we're alive, we are loved)
God knows we're worth it (and we're worth it)

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

As she finished the song, all were silent until that final strum of the strings and an out roar of applause filled the silent void.
"Bravo Vi, bravo!"
"Thats my little girl!"
"You have a great talent my dear"
And so on there were comments. But the only person who didn't comment was Wilbur Robinson. He was stunned by her performance that he was all lost for words!
'She is amazing...', he thought dreamily, he never knew this girl could sing and play beautifully, let alone at all!
Violet was blushing from all the attention and was soon asking her mum the time.
"Oh my! Its 11:00pm! Hurry to bed kids, or else you wont have any energy for tomorrow!", Mrs Parr shooed away the children while the adults packed up.

~Time Skip~

Violet woke up at 2:00am
'Ugh...', she thought bitterly. The ebony haired girl hopped out of bed and decided to see the outside world without all the lights.
As she neared the fire site from last night, she smelled something odd... "Smells like smoke", she mumbled as hugged her wind coat around her more to preserve heat. She kept walking until she reached the hill that Wilbur's cabin resided upon.

What she saw next nearly made her faint in fright

The whole cabin, engulfed in flames! Violet started running towards the adult cabin, screaming for the men to help her.
"Dad! Mr Robinson!"
"What is i-", but as soon as the door opened, Mr Parr knew.
He rushed out with Cornelius hot on his tail, running to the cabin.
"Boys!", the men were screaming
Violet ran and grabbed her mum, explaining everything that happened on the way back to the inferno.
"Come on you two!", Bob yelled, "Its time to show them who we are!".
As soon as the words left his mouth, the trio ran into the house to save the young boys, not caring about showing their identities.
The whole cabin was swarming with flames, sucking the oxygen out faster then The Flash. But the boys were obviously smart enough to gather into the closest room to the entrance door and were easy to find. Gaston and Laszlo scurried out, managing to salvage what little of their belongs there were. Art had slung poor, unconscious Dash over his shoulder and sprinted out of the house. The only one NOT in the room was Wilbur.
Mrs Incredible stretched herself into an arch frame, so the roof wouldn't collapse on the escaping boys. A support beam fell in front of escapees and were now stuck.
"Out of the way boys!", soon the bulk Mr Incredible was running past the exhausted group and into the beam, making it crack in two, creating a pathway to the door.
While all this happened,
Violet was searching the rest of the inferno for her best friend/crush.
"Wilbur!!!! Where are you?!?!?!?", she kept screaming his name, hoping for an answer. Ashes and flames danced around her as cuts and burns gathered upon her skin. Although flames were burning her clothing and smoke was clogging up her lungs, Violet ignored the pain. All that mattered was saving the brown-eyed boy.
'I'm not...gonna...give...UP!'
Violet suddenly fell, due to exhaustion, into a flamed wall, causing it to break. The exhausted teenage girl was about to close her eyes when suddenly... There he was, lying in the middle of the room...UNCONSCIOUS!
Invisigirl hurried over to the limp boy, placing a protective forcefield around him.
"Don't worry Wil...", she mumbled through determined and gritted teeth, "I will save you. No matter what!".
Suddenly, gushes of water flooded the walls and halls of the cabin, taking out the fire. Violet had had enough. She finally lowered the force field and gave in to the dark depths of unconsciousness, but not after hearing a certain raven haired boy shout "Violet!".

Wilbur started to rouse from unconsciousness when he saw a figure fall beside him... Violet.
"Violet!", was all he could shout before being dragged from her.