I'm wide awake

Chapter 17
Alarms started going off around the newly awakened girl, making her jump in fright. Machines were beeping crazily while doctors and nurses came rushing in to see the matter.
"Go ring her parents!", one of the nurses shouted to a young doctor, who ran out of the room like lightning. All Violet could do was sit quietly, while people checked her frantically, AND while trying not black out.

Wilbur was just walking solemnly along the hall when all of a sudden alarms blared loudly through the halls. The shocked boy stiffened and was wondering what was happening, when medical professionals came running through the halls, conversing to each other.
"Its the unconscious, ebony haired girl in room 112, somethings happened!".
Wilbur took a moment to absorb this information before taking off behind the doctors and nurses in a blaze of worry.
'Oh please, oh please, oh please!', he silently pleaded, 'Please be alright!'. The brown-eyed teenager raced through the halls like there was no tomorrow towards Violet. His Violet.

Meanwhile Violet was laying in her hospital bed, wrestling with the strong force of unconsciousness, as nurses worked hysterically around her.
'I won't give in!', Vi thought, attempting to keep her eyes open, 'I must see Wil!'. She had no idea of how long she was asleep for, but it was too long in her opinion. The ebony haired girl wanted to see at least 1 familiar face before letting the darkness take her in once more. And as if her prayer was heard by the God almighty, there he was.
Wilbur was panting heavily in the doorway, looking directly at the exhausted girl.
"Wil...", was all that Violet could manage before letting the darkness consume her.
"VIOLET!", Wilbur screamed as he hurried to her bedside. He was stopped by a heavily built doctor that pushed him away from the sleeping beauty.
"NO! LET ME SEE HER!", Wilbur kelt screaming tears out of his eyes. He had finally heard her silky voice, seen her face light up again, seen those beautiful eyes that had been hidden for too long...and then it was all gone again.
He sat on the floor outside her room, balling his eyes when he suddenly heard a familiar voice.
"Please Doctor Mark, let us see her, we are family!", a voice pleaded angrily.
"Helen...?", Wilbur questioned softly as a short, brown haired woman turned around, along with a big and bulky blond and smaller blond and a baby in the woman's arms.
"Wilbur! We didn't know you were here, what happened?", Elastigirl hurriedly asked the youngest Robinson.
"She... Woke up"
The response was of total silence.
"Really...?", Mr Parr tentatively asked the young boy in front of him.
"Yeah...but she fell unconscious as soon as I entered the room".
The Parrs comforted the emotional teenager as the rest of the Robinsons and all of the friends arrived, all waiting to see what would happen.

~Time Skip~

Violet's eye lids fluttered opened softly, her astonishing mauve eyes focusing on her surroundings.
She was still in the room, in the bed, under the tight white sheets, with chords still attached to her. But instead of there being over a dozen medical professionals in the plain room, only 1 nurse was standing quietly at the end of the young girl's bed.
"You're awake!", the woman said in a surprised tone. Violet was too tired to speak so she just nodded in confirmation and acknowledgement.
"Before you see anyone, a test must be conducted before further reunions", the nurse stated, picking up a clip board that was at the end of the bed. Once again, Violet nodded but also spoke "Alright" but very softly.
The woman sat beside Violet's bed on a visitor chair. Violet noticed that on her bedside table was a book. And not just an ordinary book, but her FAVOURITE book, "Paper Towns" by John Green.
'I wonder how that got there...'.
But before she could ponder on the thought anymore, the woman had already started asking her questions.

~Time Skip~

"It looks like everything is in order, I guess you can have visitors now", the woman stated happily, nodding in affirmation. Violet was practically jumping for joy, the thought of finally seeing her family and friends again was just THRILLING.
Her family were the first to be in there, giving her hugs and kisses. Tears were shed, laughs were heard, everything was great.
Violet learnt that she had been in a coma for over 6 months now, leaving the mauve-eyed teenager shocked beyond belief.
"And Wilbur read to you EVERY TIME he was here", Dash said, emphasising "every time" more than the others.
"Thats why my book is here...", Violet mumbled thoughtfully, a small smile tugging at her pale lips.
After a while the Parrs left, giving Wilbur time to talk with his best friend.
"Its about time", the raven haired boy grumbled as he walked out of the waiting room, into the hallway, and along to Violet's room.
As soon as he opened the door, both set of eyes, brown and mauve, met for a single moment and then she spoke.
"Wil..."