Glad you're back

Chapter 18
"Wil..."
This set the raven haired boy off badly. He ran for the girl in the bed and, not caring, crushed her in a hug he had suppressed for so long.

"Wil... You're... CRUSHING... Me!", was all the poor, weak girl could gasp out with so little breath. Wilbur loosened his grip on the ebony haired girl but only slightly.
He would be only kidding himself if he said he was sorry for crushing her bones, because he wasn't in the slightest sorry for anything.
The brown-eyed teenager had been crying for MONTHS, been not sleeping properly for MONTHS, and had been emotionless for MONTHS. He SO wasn't sorry to be gleeful for seeing Violet awake after MONTHS!

"You're...you're awake!", Wilbur sniffled out, letting loose much held back tears. Violet was sitting in this boys arms astounded! Not ever had she seen the poor boy cry. Yes, Invisigirl has seen a few STRAY tears fall from his hypnotic and kind brown eyes before, but NOTHING compared to what she was witnessing now.

The mauve-eyed girl slowly wrapped her arms around the slim boy's body, bringing herself and Wilbur closer together.
"I missed you"
Finally, tears were cascading down her face from her gorgeous eyes like waterfalls. Wilbur's words hit quickly and roughly, stabbing her heart deeply. To say that they missed each other was, most likely, THE most understated statement EVER! They had longed for each other for so long (Violet did so subconsciously might I add) that they were at the point of tearing apart everything in sight.

But...they were together now, and nothing would tear them apart.

"I missed you too", Violet sniffed softly, her face buried in his shoulder, and vice versa. They eventually (And I mean like, after and hour) let go of each other, looking deep into the other's eyes.
"What happened?", Invisigirl asked nervously. The whole story about how she saved him and then the whole six month coma thing cane flying out of the raven haired boy's mouth like there was no tomorrow.

From the argument between himself and the fireman, to the moment he saw her exquisite mauve eyes again after months, Wilbur told it all.
Violet sat in her crisp white bed, listening intently, making sure not to miss a thing. Some things were funny, others were awkward, creepy, depressing, but it didn't matter to the 15 year old girl in the white bed, in the white room, within the white hall. All that mattered was that HE was here, in person, in the flesh, in the bone, in front of her for real.

"Wow...", was all Violet Parr could say after Wilbur's tale, "I missed that much?!".
"Yeah... But at least you won't miss Christmas", Wilbur stated, trying to lighten up the mood.

A knock at the door interrupted their conversation, and a doctor entered the plain room.
"I'm sorry Mr Robinson, but you must leave I'm afraid, Ms Parr must rest", said the doctor matter-of-factly.
"But I have been asleep for 6 MONTHS doctor, I have rested quite enough!", Violet burst out suddenly, wanting nothing more than for her best friend to stay with her.
"It's alright Vi, I should go anyways...", although he said this, Wilbur Robinson wanted with all his heart to stay by his love's side, to tell her in person how he feels.

But in the end, Wilbur's conscience tokd him to leave the hurt Violet in the white room. After saying goodbye, Wil dragged his feet outside to the waiting room, where his mother and father were waiting to pick him up.

Violet was left shocked, hurt, and in disbelief.
'I finally get to talk with Wilbur after how many months? And he is sent away!', Violet was angered by this greatly, but stayed quiet about. But she had one final thought before letting unconsciousness take over:

'Please...come back my love'