SEVEN

Hafsah quickly secured her veil with a pin and hurried out of the room.

"Mama na tafi. I'll go to the salon daga can." She announced as she slipped on her sandal flats. She bent down to put the strap and Mama appeared from the kitchen.

"Hafsah?"
She returned to a standing position and she noticed Mama's glare on her.

"What's wrong, Mama?"

"What are you wearing? I told you to always wear a gown or abaya on your jeans."

"Haba, Mama. I even wore a veil today."

Mama moved closer and Hafsah knew what was coming so she ran to the other side of the living room.

"It's me you're telling haba? Let me go and tell Ameerah you can't make it. You're going nowhere with this..." Mama raised her palm and speechlessly let it wander up and down Hafsah's height.

Hafsah knew Mama would definitely do that so she went in and grabbed a black jallabiya that she normally paired with the veil.

"Yauwa ko keh fa? You're not a little girl anymore."

She moodily bid her goodbye and left. A nervous breath escaped her mouth when she noticed Hamza at the driver's seat. His head was down, probably using his phone.

Hafsah dragged the gate close and teared her gaze away from him. She walked to the car and settled in the back seat with a salam.

"Sannu Hajiya. You took your sweet time." Ameerah glared at her playfully then nudged Hamza to start driving.

Hamza who was faking being engrossed in his phone, cleared his throat and slid the device inside his kaftan pocket.

He look to the back at Hafsah and acknowledged her.
"Hafsah? Sannu."

Hafsah mumbled a greeting shyly and he answered, his gaze focused on the road.

In a few minutes, they arrived at Sahad stores and he asked his sister to call him when they were done so he would pick them up. He wouldn't dare wait under the hot sun.
Going in with them wasn't an option either.
He wasn't so close to Ameerah so he was trying to be careful lest she catches on to what he was up to.

Hafsah tailed her friend as she observed all the good looking stuff. She mentally noted things she would get one day whenever she got the money.

"Wow!" Hafsah exclaimed when she saw all the different colored abayas hanging beautifully.
In as much as she hardly wore them, she admired how good it looked on people.

"So pretty right?" Ameerah sighed dreamily.

"Idan nayi kudi, I'll come and buy them all." She mummered softly.

"Me too, me too." Ameerah patted her on the shoulder.

She moved closer to admire them and motioned for Hafsah to do thesame.

"Which would you get if you had the money now?"

Hafsah sighed, deep in thought. She let her hand feel the fabrics of the top three that looked finer and more comfy.

"This." She smiled and turned around to go look somewhere but Ameerah's voice stopped her.

"We'll take it. And I...would take this," Ameerah grinned at her friend and put both black abayas in the trolley.
They shopped for skincare and hair products before deciding to pay.

Ameerah called Hamza up so he would arrive immediately they were done paying.

Hamza dropped Hafsah at the closest corner to the salon because she insisted. He was curious to know where she always went but today wasn't the day.