Chapter 21.1 - Like a moth to a flame

🎼

Where'd you go?

Do you know?

How I've been living without you

Daydreaming on a cloud with you as the horizon

With you till the night ends on an island, yeah

It's about time we're making up.

The times you wasn't with me waking up

Lying if I said I didn't miss your touch

I need it to, I needed to

I needed to distance myself from you

Oh, just to know you were the truth

So come closer, won't you, I want you

🎼

My friends are on a mission to keep me busy and occupied, so I stay away from Khaya. I totally understand their concern and wish I understood why I am so drawn to him. Like a moth to a flame, I keep burning in his fire. My love is blind. Can't he feel my desire? I am rephrasing Miss Jackson's words. I am more than happy to spend time with my friends, though. My life has been occupied, and I have neglected a lot of people for a long time. I am on the phone catching up with Kelly.

Me: "Hey Buddy"

Kelly: "Buddy, how are you? How is your Research Project going?"

Me: "Eish Buddy, things keep going from bad to worst with this one, yet my heart just refuses to stop beating for him."

Kelly: "Buddy, you have always been in control, so what is happening?"

Me: "I wish I knew yazi. I hate this feeling of helplessness."

Kelly: "Where is Phenyo? I was hoping he would get you out of this Khaya spell?"

Me: "Right this moment, I have no idea, but he has decided to go care-take his father's home. We still chat on the phone, though."

Kelly: "What are your people saying about Khaya, though? Aren't they meant to protect you if he is wrong for you?"

Me: "That's just it. It's like they have decided to stay out of this. I am on my own."

Kelly: "You are definitely on your own."

Me: "Well, I am hoping you won't let me attend the theatre evening on my own because he will be there, and so will the many girls who have a crush on him from the Facebook groups. No one knows about our shag-ship, and I hardly know anyone in the group in person, but I have to see the show."

Kelly: "I'll go with you on one condition."

Me: "Name it. I will even sign my name in blood."

She laughs

Kelly: "You have to come clubbing with me. It has been a while."

Me: "Deal."

It is Friday night, and I walk into the Market Theatre, looking for Kelly. I spot Khaya instead standing amongst some ladies I recognise from the group. My heart stops for a second. I can never get enough of his look and presence. I hate to admit it, but I am jealous of watching him with all his groupies. I expect him to sense me the minute I step into the room. Isn't the hair at the back of his neck supposed to stand when I walk in? Deep Sigh! I call Kelly to find out where she is sitting. I mean, I might be early for the show, but I know she should already be here.

Me: "Buddy, where are you?"

Kelly: "I'm parking Buddy. Is he there?"

Me: "Yeap, and like a Queen, the worker bees are swarmed around him. You will find me by the bar, nneh."