twenty four

"Potter, just the man I wanted to see," Fred grinned, ruffling Harry's messy hair, sending his glasses wonky, as he bumped into the trio outside of the library, still on a mission to get to Elvira before Camille could. He glanced at Hermione's stack of books and asked. "Third task?"

Harry grumbled something, looking exhausted and Hermione nodded seriously, glaring at Ron as he yawned. 

"Got the map, Harry?" Fred asked cheerily.

"Yes.." He said, taking it out of his pocket warily. 

"Can I borrow? Just for today?"

"Fine," the wizard said apprehensively, watching the older boy tap the parchment and give Ron the other end to hold out. He traced his finger over it muttering under his breath, brow furrowed. "See Dorothea on here, Ronnie?"

"Rosier?" Ron asked, sounding disgusted. "Why?"

"Mind your business baby brother," he tapped a spot on the map, noticing Dorothea Rosier and Elvira Jones alone in the grounds. "Georgie is in there, he broke up with Camille. Go be a good brother."

"Ronald needs to help us with the third task!" Hermione exclaimed sharply.

"I find it incredibly hard to believe that Ronald is going to be of any help," Fred replied cheerfully, tapping his brother on the head with the parchment as he muttered, "git."

Fred gave the map a final glance and nodded before tucking it away and turning a corner, putting his hand out to stop Cedric Diggory who was heading to the library.

"Need your help."

"Fred, I need to work out this bloody task."

"What if I told you Elvira is involved?"

Cedric seemed to internally debate with himself, rocking backwards on his heels and looking around.

"Looking for Chang?" Fred asked innocently.

"Shut up. Is Elvira okay?"

"Walk," Fred grinned, cocking his head and strolling towards the courtyard, smirking as Cedric reluctantly followed. "George broke up with Camille. She was complaining about mudbloods."

Cedric snorted, "reckon I could've predicted that. He alright?"

"All Weasleys hate Rosiers again, so, order is restored. Unfortunately, I'm sure Camille is off to mouth off about mudbloods to the entirety of Slytherin and,"

"Elvira," Cedric sighed, interrupting. "You're going to talk to her?"

"No, I'm going to talk to Rosier. I need you to distract Vira."

Cedric stopped, "I haven't spoken to her much..."

"Make up some bullshit, I don't care. This is more than your relationship problems, Diggory," he replied sarcastically.

"What is Dorothea going to do?"

"Talk to Camille? Keep Elvira away? Something, hopefully."

Cedric groaned and ran a hand through his hair, "fine, let's find them."

"No need, they're on the hill by Hagrids," Fred smiled.

Cedric narrowed his eyes, "you better not have that map, Frederick. I'm a prefect."

"Course not, mate," Fred winked, "off you pop," he said, sitting down on a wall, back against a statue. He took out a cigarette and saluted Cedric, shooing him away as he hesitated.