Chapter 15: Missing

Solayne POV 🌺
Her softness is her power

My eyes follow his every movement from a distance. Each long step back and forth with his hand rubbing against his chin, scared to utter a word. The chair creak under his weight as he throws himself into the ergonomic chair.

 The chair creak under his weight as he throws himself into the ergonomic chair

Wetting my lips, I gulp fighting the urge not to say a word.

"Is there something I can help with?" The words left my lips before my brain could register.

His eyes glare at me inflame with fire. His teeth grit against each other as if itching to say something.

Diverting my eyes to the laptop screen I bite on my tongue not wanting to say anything else my brain doesn't approve of.

Stealthily glancing his way, vertical wrinkles pile between his neatly cut eyebrows, his lips curl inwards and his nostrils flare the more he stares at the screen before him.

His eyes scan through the screen his knuckles turning white as he grips the edge of the table.

Folding my legs, I clench them tightly too afraid to even move.

He has been like this all afternoon. I had not the slightest idea what happened at the construction site where he is building his new restaurant but whatever it is it affected his mood real bad.

Looking up at him through my lashes, I slightly jump frighten to see his gaze fixed on me. Biting my lips my hands sweat and I itch to bite my nails or something to calm my nerves.

Gulping, I look elsewhere still feeling his glares peeling the skin from my body.

Standing up once more; his hands glide over the table fill with files and his laptop, in one swift movement everything scattered along the tiled floored.

A loud gasp left me, my heart hammering in my chest. Gripping the chair handle with my dare life my knuckles almost change its shade.

Too scared to take my eyes off him just to secure myself incase of any more anger outburst, I watch him run his hands through his full head of curls.

His whiskey eyes now a dark shade of red pierce into me.

Opening my mouth to say something; sounds seize in the back of my throat, closing my mouth unsure of what exactly to say. My inner thoughts beg me to keep silent.

This is a new side to him, not the Arzhel I know and definitely not the one I am getting accustomed to. I can see him physically holding himself back from the side of him that's slowly fighting to unleash in its entirety.

"Someone is messing with my money" he grits through his teeth.

Glaring at the back of his head, he pace from left to right deep in thought, I wet my lips wanting to assist but not knowing how I could be of any help.