Chapter 12: Odd Morning

Solayne's POV🌺

I read somewhere once ' it's okay to walk out of someone's life if you don't feel like you belong in it anymore'

But how can you walk away from something you've known all your life?

Moving on can be difficult especially when that person is inches away from you.

His brown orbs watch me from his tinted windshield, I helplessly gaze back at him analyzing his tired demeanor. His usually bright eyes now dull with sadness almost makes him look broken

My stomach heavy with pity and regret just thinking about our current mishap.

I indubitably miss him, his laughter, company just him being in my space to make my day better.

My eyes brim with tears just thinking about us. I undoubtedly need my best friend back, no strings attached this time just the plain old us.

Inhaling a sharp breath, I glance at the clock seeing its now minutes past 8

My body slump into the leather seat not sure if I want to enter. I got here so early yet still manage to be late.

Languidly gathering my things, I walk as fast as my feet could carry me.

"Lia" his voice call after me and despite being already late I stop.

Sessions of worry wave over me, eager for him to say something, anything for that matter.

Yet nothing came, instead I am greeted with a smile not reaching his eyes like it usually does.

I watch his 2020 Honda Accord drive into incoming traffic and out of view.

Just by the sight of him I could tell he is almost at his breaking point.

Enough time wasted, I continue my journey mentally preparing myself for Arzhel's crucifixion.

Smoothing out the imaginary wrinkles from my skirt, my fist fold making contact with the sturdy door.

After three rounds of knocks no response was heard.

A frown mask my features and I stick my head inside only to see him seated skipping through paper work.

Inviting myself in, his voice startled me earning a small jump from me.

"I hate tardiness Ms Carson" he is yet to spare me a glance annoyance thick in his voice.

"I do...." His hand flickers instantly shutting me up.

"Please don't get me annoyed with your excuses"

My lip find residence between my teeth as I feel like a toddler being scolded.

"We agreed on 8 hence I expect you to be on time every morning." His eyes finally meets mine, anger evident in his pupils.

Avoiding his glares not wanting to irritate him further I stay silent until he is ready to speak again.

" I need an analytical report on these clients ,including every single detail you can find. You have until the end of the week to submit "