Chapter 7 Cry Me A River

~Solayne's POV~
All good things must come to an end.
~*~

Nervously watching the room fill with the opposite gender one by one, I rub my hands together trying to contain my anxiety.

'This is it' I inhale tapping my fingers against my thigh.

Informations about the presentation scatter in my mind, trying to stay focus despite the dozen pairs of eyes looking at me, my thought race and I close my eyes wanting to run out of here.

Taking a long deep breath I slowly peel my eyes open to see him staring at me. His orbs quiet my thoughts making my practice sessions come back to me in order.

"I got this" I whisper seeing my boss motioning with his fingers for me to start.

Introducing my project, written copies are then handed out so each person can follow as the ad Jasper and I made begins playing.

Throughout the video my eyes remain on one person. His demeanor is not one that's readable but I do have fate in my work and furthermore my career depends on his answer.

Minutes later the video ends and I smile wrapping up presentation patiently awaiting my careers fate.

Everyone closes their booklets focusing at the head of the table. My heart hammers in my chest at his dreadful silence.

Standing to his feet he loosely grips the portfolio in his hand skipping through the few pages.

"This was a waste of my time" he blurts out throwing the booklet on the table.

My heart sinks in my chest and my limbs go weak.

WHAT!!?

"The structure is off and the ad did not bring much information across." He elaborates. "When you look at something you are trying to advertise it should be eye catching not any of this nonsense. " his words pierce like knives in my chest and I stand frozen in spot watching him collect his things then face my boss.

"The deal is off. Obviously you people have nothing good here I can work with" with that said he walks out and everyone else follows leaving me and my boss behind.

Watching him leave, I blink back my tears unable to figure out if the feeling in my stomach and chest is disbelief or just plain hurt.

I can't move, think or breathe properly.

'What does he mean this was a waste of his time?' My mind screams at me. 'He did not even have the common decency to compliment my work after seeing how hard tried. '

"I am sorry Ms Carson but I had informed you before what would happen if we lost him as a client" my bosses voice haul me from my profound thoughts, his hand resting on my shoulders for comfort.