Chapter 21: Afloat

~Solayne's POV~
Filter Chapter

The x-rays came back looking alright which confirm it was indeed a sprain. Prescribing some pain killers and ointment to control the swelling and pain, I am release after thorough warning to rest my ankle for a bit.

I missed most of what the doctor explained mainly because my mind was occupied with something else and by that I mean thoughts of him.

Exiting the examination room, I eagerly look in the spot I left him hoping he was still there. Sighing I stare at the empty chair my heart sinking in my chest.

'Silly of me to think he would have waited'

My mind wonder back to his bloody shirt, busted knuckles and broken nose. It's quite evident he got into a fight.

I didn't take him for that type of person seeing how affluent he was, but I have seen his knuckles busted one too many times to not think the latter.

Pushing the thoughts of him to the back of my mind; I try to concentrate on my steps been careful as to not hurt my ankle. I got an injection to control the pain but that's about it.

Unlocking my car I throw my belongings into the passenger seat safely driving out of the parking lot heading to my apartment.

Arriving home around to 1 in the morning I mount each step arriving at his door.

'Should I knock' I ponder staring at the closed door.

"It's late, he probably is a sleep." I try to convince myself. Even my intuition keeps telling me not to knock and just head for my room; deciding to knock regardless, my eyes flutter close, my knuckles bam against his door softly but loud enough so he could hear if he is indeed inside. Stepping away, I open my eyes awaiting the door to open.

Disappointment drown on me as it seemed like he wasn't about to open it.

'Maybe I shouldn't have knocked after all'

Sighing, I take a step in the direction of my room only for the door to open. Turning to face him, he stands before me dressed in a robe wiping his hair with a towel.

Scanning his attire, I drag my eyes back to the solace of his eyes. Scratching the back of my head , I awkwardly stand before him lost for words.

'Right, I maybe should have thought of something to say before I interrupted him' 

Dropping his hands to his side he looks at me with a raised brow

"Umm" I begin unsure of what to say. I honestly have no idea why I knocked in the first place as if I was expecting something else from him.

There is no way a person could change in two weeks, he was still the same old Arzhel who throw me out of his house, got me fired and embarrassed me more times than I could even remember.

Clearing my throat, I play with my fingers looking up under his gaze. Stepping aside, he opens the wider inviting me in without saying a word.

Gulping I stare at his actions reluctantly taking a step forward until I am on the other side.

Hearing the door close behind us, I slightly jump a bit paranoid by our last interaction.

Scrunching my face, I follow his movements in his black fluffy robe as he walks in front me.

'It looks rather weird seeing a male in a robe' I ponder looking at him entering another room.

"You haven't seen much males in there comfort zone then" he retorts. Looking at him wide eyed I cover my mouth.