Chapter 24: A Little too Late

~Solayne's POV~

Arzhel dropped me off at my place somewhere around an hour ago. As according to him, he had somewhere to be but my mind keeps telling me it involves that girl Serena.

'Like who calls someone that many times?'

Scrunching my face in disdain, I shake all thoughts of her from my mind. She was always in the picture with him from the very beginning hence this should not be a bother to me.

Furthermore, he isn't mine, even if he was, which a big part of me really wants him to be, he is his own person, hence what he does with his time shouldn't concern me.

Changing into my nightwear after a cold shower, I make myself comfortable on the couch sitting with folded legs. Switching the television on, clicking on Netflix, the logo flash on the screen followed by an error message.

This account is temporarily on hold due to payment.

Raising a brow, I check the date seeing it is indeed due.

Jasper usually pays the bill on time each month. Sighing, I click out of it opening YouTube instead. Searching for something to watch, knocks echoes on my door and I quiver a brow, dropping my hand in my lap.

'It's minutes to 11, who could that possibly be?'

Staring at the door hoping who ever it is would leave, the knocks sounds again followed by a voice.

"Solayne it's me, open up please!" Jasper shouts knocking incessantly from the other end.

Finding my slippers, I take my time walking to the door to unlock it.

"Your barber must miss you" I tease promptly after seeing his grown out hair and beard. Ignoring my statement, he follows me to the couch.

"Is everything alright?" I question sensing his current mood, we both now seated. Sinking deeper into the chair, he stares ahead at the now switched off tv.

"Jasper " I nudge him, resting a hand on his thigh, his hands sneak over mine entwining our fingers as one.

"I have been a fool" he says audible. Our scope of vision connects and my features gradually mutate into confusion.

Reaching for my free hand, his thumb glides over my skin. "I don't know how to say this" his pupils scan mine making my throat dry. I fail to comprehend what exactly he is getting at and it worries me.

" I don't think I can hide how I feel for you anymore" His gaze fervently deepens locking me in. Searching for a hint of joke, I gulp discerning the seriousness behind his tone.

"I love you Solayne, I never stopped" he confesses, confirming my apprehensive thoughts. Slowly pulling my hands from his grip, I scoot over to put enough distance between us, fiddling with my fingers trying to think.

"Solayne" he calls, stretching for me again. Standing to my feet, I pace back and forth.

'He loves me , he actually loves me' I murmur to myself, slowly turning to face him. Standing up, he inches closer to me, holding up my hand , he stops two steps away from me.

"Do you hear yourself?" Flush in disbelief, my fingers massage my temples as I can feel a rising headache.

'There is no way he is serious, he can't be.'

"I know Lia , I haven't been honest all this while, and I know I have hurt you in doing so, I just didn't want to ruin our friendship" he breathily explains.