•chapter 2•

The sensation of water dripping on you brings you back to reality.

Your whole body ached and your head was pounding, your ears ringing so much you could barely think straight. As you regained your vision, you inspected the shattered glass and the sparks flickering out of the dash. You were hanging upside down and a large hollow tree had pierced the cockpit and was situated right beside your head.

Fuck.

Your nostrils stung as you inhaled the scent of smoke and engine oil.

You just hoped there wasn't a fire starting to erupt out of the damaged engine.

As you completely regained consciousness, you reached down to unfasten the belt that miraculously kept you seated during the accident. You fell onto your hands and knees and groaned in pain, your neck was aching to the point you could barely lift your head. You leant your hand on the console to help steady yourself as you managed to rise to your feet. Your legs were shaking, you weren't sure if it was due to the shock, or because your left leg was numb and you were unable to put any weight on it.

How did you manage to survive this? Did the other pilot survive? With that explosion it's highly unlikely. Where were the rest of the crew? Where was Jackson?

You hobbled out of the jet by exiting through the shattered windscreen, having to duck under the hollow tree. When you had nothing to steady yourself on, your legs gave out underneath you and you cried out in pain as you felt extreme pain shoot up through your left leg. You hit the forest floor with a thud. Your head was pounding now and you felt like you were going to be sick, your stomach gurgled but nothing happened which left you dry heaving on the forest floor as you tried catching your breath. With each breath your lungs began to burn, not knowing if it was because of the smoke or the sheer impact you had just been through.

You need to get to those civilians, you need to help them and try to alert the crew to their presence. But without a radio that would be impossible to do.

You heard static and the voices of Stormtroopers in the surrounding shrubs, their heavy footsteps growing closer and closer to you. You began to shake, you couldn't spot where your blaster had been catapulted to after the crash. You were helpless.

Maybe we should have listened to Princess Leia, then you wouldn't be in this mess. But at the same time this is your job as leading pilot.

You caught the sea of white and black emerge from the shrubs and you swallowed the lump in your throat, it burnt as saliva and blood made its way down your oesophagus. Your head still pounded and your heart was near on bursting out of you blood covered chest.

"Name," one of the Stormtroopers asked, the static making your headache even worse.

You quietly gave them your name, you had no energy to try and pick fights, especially not with thirty odd of them surrounding you.

"You're part of The Resistance," it was more a statement than a question.

"Yes, sir," you croaked. You could barely breathe let alone talk.

"You're coming with us," You couldn't tell which one was speaking, but two Stormtroopers marched towards you before looping their white armoured arms under your's to hoist you to your feet. Pain shot up from your toes all the way to your thigh. You're pretty sure your leg is broken.

"I can't-"

Before you could finish, the end of a blaster came in contact with the side of your head, sending you back to oblivion once again.

+++

The hissing sound of a door sliding open jerks you awake, and bright light emitting from white LEDs above you force you to squint as you regain consciousness once again and become aware of your surroundings.