•chapter 19•

"You're not going—"

"It's my job, Kylo." You quickly changed out of your trousers and shirt into your usual overalls.

"Not anymore it's not," he frowned. "You're Supreme Leader—"

"I'm not," you shook your head. "I have to go. I'll come back in one piece. Promise." You rose onto your tip-toes to quickly press a kiss to his lips. The kiss lingered for a moment before you pulled away, searching his battered face. He was worried. Even through his cold, emotionless stare, his eyes were wild with fear.

"You come back to me, your hear me?" His voice was low.

An explosion erupted somewhere on the Finalizer, the floor and walls shook violently and the siren began to groan and whine.

Your heart was in your throat. You had peered out the small window of your quarters only minutes before and watched as a Resistance Bomber destroyed one of the Star Destroyers. Countless numbers of X-Wings zipped in between the fleet, shooting at ion cannons and turrets on the Star Destroyers, as well as shooting down numerous TIE fighters.

The attack was unexpected. You knew the day would come, but you didn't think it'd be now.

"Kylo you need to get out of here," you shook your head. "If they take down the Finalizer—"

"I'll be fine. Now go. And be careful." You could've sworn his lip trembled as he backed away from you to retrieve his helmet.

You swallowed. You wanted to tell him that you loved him, but he had already left.

Adrenaline pumped through your veins as you finally made it to the hangar, clambering into one of the last TIE fighters on the Finalizer. You flipped multiple switches to power the engine, before tearing out of the hangar.

It was absolute chaos.

You spotted several more Bombers slowly approaching, and one of them was heading for the Finalizer. X-Wings circled the neighbouring Star Destroyers, red lasers directed at the ion cannons and it's targeting systems.

You powered forward, being sure to avoid any crossfire between TIE fighters and X-Wings. If it weren't for the war zone, you could stop and admire the galaxy. The pitch black was littered with stars, and there were a few planets that were close by.

A hologram of Hux popped up beside your controls, startling you. "We've sent out another squadron from another Star Destroyer to help you, take down the Bombers—"

"Hux there's one heading straight for the Finalizer, I'm going to try but—" you pulled the TIE fighter to the right to shoot at one of the X-Wings beginning their attack on the Finalizer, "it's close, I'm not sure if I can take it down in time."

"I'll deploy the shields—"

"Hux that won't work!" You nearly yelled. "Your best bet is to target the Bomber with the ion cannons. I'll do my best to try and take it down but I'm not sure how much time we have." You spun the TIE fighter again, narrowly avoiding the lasers that shot from the X-Wing trailing behind you.

"Right. Good luck out there Prisoner." Hux nodded his head and the blue hologram was gone once again.

The TIE fighter started beeping, indicating that the X-Wing behind you had locked onto you and was about to fire. You clenched your jaw and waited for it to fire, before you performed a lag roll, falling in behind the X-Wing. When you were only meters away, the missile screaming behind you, you somersaulted the TIE fighter out of the way, sending the missile into the back of the X-Wing and blowing it to pieces.

You swallowed and brought the TIE fighter up above the Finalizer. Smoke was already billowing from one of the ion cannons that was destroyed. That would've been the reason why the siren went off.