•chapter 20•

Kylo

It's already 1100 and she still hasn't arrived for her training. I was supposed to help her construct her own lightsaber and show her how to use it. I left a note beside her bed telling her to be here by 1000, I figured I'd let her sleep in because she'd be hungover. But this was ridiculous.

I gazed at the multiple materials splayed out on the desk, various metals and other bits and pieces were scatted everywhere. The red Kyber crystal sat in a small metal box beside it all.

I waited until she fell asleep last night to leave. I couldn't stay there, even though I wanted to. There was already enough talk about the two of us, and although majority of it was true, I wanted to try and keep everything quiet.

Fucking her on the conference table wasn't exactly keeping it quiet but I needed her then.

When she fell asleep last night little moans and sighs left her chest. I had to practically pry myself out of her grip, and surprisingly she didn't wake up. The alcohol obviously hit her hard.

Before I left I pulled the sheets up and over her to keep her warm and scanned her mind. It was fuzzy. The alcohol didn't make it easy to see what was going on in that brain of hers. But something was irritating her. I could feel the conflict inside her, but I couldn't pick up on what it was.

The blast doors to my quarters opened and she walked inside. Her hair was pulled into her usual ponytail. She was in her overalls with a bottle of water in hand.

"Hi,"

"You're late," I couldn't help but glare at her.

"I know. I'm sorry." There was a hint of amusement in her voice as she sat beside me at the desk. "So, how do I go about making this thing?" Her eyes scanned the table as she picked up the chassis of the hilt.

"You need to pick out the materials you want. Take the chassis and open the metal box to grab the Kyber crystal." I rested my elbow on the desk as she fiddled with bits of metal.

"Why do they all look broken?" She frowned.

"It's what I had given to me. They're not broken you just need to put it all together."

Her small hand gripped the metal chassis and she opened the box with the other, revealing the red Kyber crystal. She gawked at it and picked it up with her fingers. "It's beautiful," she breathed. The soft red glow illuminated her pretty face and reflected in her eyes.

"Now, see where there's a gap in the chassis? Place the crystal in there." I took the chassis from her to hold it for her. Her small fingers pressed the crystal into the gap and the crystal seemed to glow a little brighter. "Now you choose what grip you want."

She glanced down at the few grips I had left. After a minute or so, she decided on the matte black grip with silver accents carved into it. "I take it I just screw it on?" She took the chassis from me and slipped the grip onto the bottom of it.

I could watch her all day. Her brows furrowed as she screwed bits and pieces onto the chassis. Her lips were pursed when she was making decisions on the design of her hilt.

She was so beautiful.

"Kylo?"

Her voice brought me back to reality. "Huh?"

"What do I do now?"

I glanced down at the hilt. "Um, you need to add the activation plates and an emitter."

She gazed at me for a moment. She looked tired. I wasn't sure if it was because she was hungover, or something else. Her walls were up, and I couldn't get into her head.