•chapter 24•

Warnings: violence/death

It had been two days since you arrived on Crait. Leia and Rey decided it would be best to keep you locked away while they came up with a plan to evacuate the planet. They occasionally came to see you, asking different questions to get a better picture on what the First Order were planning. But you never gave them the real answer. You often found yourself wondering if they believed you at all, but when you watched from the small window, movement within the cavern, you were almost certain they were taking the bait.

Jackson had only come to see you once, as he was busy with the maintenance of his own X-Wing. There wasn't anybody to help with maintaining the aircrafts, and he ranted about it to you for almost an hour.

For two long days you tried to find things to occupy yourself with, but with only a chair and a shitty mattress on the dirt floor, there wasn't much you could do. Rey had decided on confiscating your lightsaber, much to your disgust. But you allowed her to take it. You had no energy to fight her.

In fact, you had no energy at all. You often spent your time in your room laying on the mattress, your body ached and you felt nauseous. Probably because they were hardly feeding you. You hadn't had a proper meal since Canto Bight, but every time you were offered food, your stomach seemed to reject it.

The dust inside the cavern was beginning to burn your lungs. It was suffocating in there. You didn't know how crew members were out working on the X-Wings so willingly. You struggled to breathe, and it was making your nausea so much worse, to the point you were throwing up in the corner of your cell.

It was only when Leia saw you leaning against the cold cement walls did she offer you a decent meal and a walk outside the cavern for fresh air.

"I thought my son may have changed," she sighed, her wrinkled skin seemed to glow due to the reflective surface of the planet. "I guess I was wrong."

You averted her eyes and kept your gaze at your feet. You couldn't bare to look at her. "I thought he did too." You managed. You knew Ben Solo no longer existed. But you really thought Kylo had changed to accommodate you. You really thought that somewhere, deep down inside that stupidly large body of his, that he actually cared about you. Obviously you were wrong, too.

"I'm sorry for what he's done to you. At first, I could sense the change in him, and how it was wearing off on you," she turned to face you, a sad smile plastered on her chapped lips. You finally lifted your head to look at her. "I know Ben's no longer in there."

"I'm sorry you lost your son." You mumbled. "I wanted no part in this. Finding out about my Grandfather has terrified me. I want nothing more than to just come home and leave it all."

You weren't lying there.

After what Kylo had put you through, you didn't really want to go back. But you knew you had to. If you didn't, Snoke would somehow manage to claw his way back into your life.

"I know," Leia gazed up at you. "But perhaps, my grandson may be a better man than he ever was."

You frowned.

"What?" You turned to face her. "What do you—"

"You didn't know?"

The concerned look on her face was beginning to terrify you. You felt your blood turn ice cold, yet you felt extremely hot. Your chest was tight and you struggled to find your words.

"Rey sensed it. She told me."

Your lips parted, and you thought you would finally find the courage to say something. But, still, you remained silent. Tears pricked behind your eyes and you managed to blink them away.