The Next Day

It's 8:58 am. Elena walks into George's office. Aka Mr Smith. She is startled by his presence as she looks straight into his bright blue eyes. "Oops, sorry Mr. Smith, I didn't think I'd find you here yet." Mr. Smith gives a short little smile. 'I was here at 8 o'clock. I hope you slept well.” he winks at Elena. Elena blushes a little. Of course she slept well. Especially after the evening together. "Yes sir, and thanks again for dinner." "I hope you bought yourself coffee too?" Oops, completely forgot, Elena thinks. "No sir, I forgot." Mr. Smith looks at her seriously. 'You have to do what I ask of you, Elena. Otherwise there will be sanctions again and I will have to let you stay longer again.' Elena starts to blush. She nods and quickly walks back to her desk.

At 2 p.m., a CEO of another large company reports to Elena for a meeting with Mr. Smith. He is a gruff man who appears to be very punctual. Mr. Smith has been running late for a few minutes and the grumpy man is becoming increasingly impatient. Elena was still able to keep him reasonably calm, until now. "I have more things to do, you stupid woman!" the man barks at her. 'You arrange for me to speak to Mr Smith immediately!' Just then the door swings open and Mr. Smith immediately walks over to Elena. He puts a hand on her shoulder and starts shouting at the angry CEO that he absolutely does not accept the way he yelled at her. The insults continue for a while. Mr Smith refuses to speak to the man anymore and asks him to leave. The man walks away and turns around again. He mumbles something about Elena. Elena doesn't understand what he says, but apparently Mr. Smith heard it. He is furious and walks up to the man and gives him a hard push towards the exit.
Mr. Smith walks back towards Elena as if nothing had happened. Elena is still staring into space in bewilderment. 'Are you OK?' asks Mr. Smith. "Yes, yes, I'm fine." Elena stammers.
"I'll kill him if he ever makes that comment about you again." says Mr. Smith as he places his warm hand on her neck and squeezes it gently. Elena gets butterflies all over her body. She is still recovering from what just happened and now she feels all warm and flushed.
'I'll be right back.' Mr. Smith says as he gently lets his hand slide from her neck and he steps into the elevator. Elena sighs deeply and tries to focus on her work again and forget what just happened.

A few minutes later, Mr. Smith steps out of the elevator. With two large fresh smoothies in his hands. "Hope you like this." pointing to the smoothies in his hand. Elena smiles and thanks Mr. Smith. One for her and one for him. Elena gets to choose which one she wants. Mr. Smith stands in the doorway and waves Elena inside. 'Come on, you can continue working in my office. There you can continue working in peace.' Elena looks at him questioningly. There is no need for her to sit in his office. She finds it somehow uncomfortable, but she also has a strong urge to be close to him. Elena walks into his office and sits down on the couch in his office with her laptop on her lap. Mr. Smith sits back down at his desk. Occasionally their eyes cross while working and they linger for a few seconds. In any case, a certain tension is sensible and occasionally Elena starts to blush when Mr. Smith looks at her.

It's 5pm again. The last three hours have passed quickly. "Come on Elena, we're done for today." Mr. Smith gets up and holds the door open for her to go home. Elena remains standing next to him. “Thank you, Mr. Smith, for today. Good evening.' She looks into his eyes somewhat shyly and smiles at him. Mr. Smith moves closer to her, places a hand on the top of her head and runs his hand down over her hair. 'You did a great job today. I'll see you tomorrow Elena.'