Monday

7:55 am. Elena has an espresso in her hand and brings it to Mr. Smith's office like every morning. She still has a headache, but not serious enough to skip work.

She opens the door to his office and is shocked to see Mr. Smith already sitting behind his desk. He looks at her intently. He leans forward with his elbows on his desk and his hands clasped under his chin.
"Just close the door behind you." Elena looks scared and hesitantly closes the door behind her. This is going to be a huge scolding, Elena thinks, and she braces herself for what's to come.

Mr. Smith stands up and walks over to her. He stands in front of her and stands a head and a half above her. Elena takes a step back. 'I think you have something to explain to me, Elena... What were you doing there alone?! Why did you let yourself go like that?! You are the calling card of my office! Mine! What if a customer had recognized you?!”
Elena looks at him anxiously. “Sorry Mr. Smith. I was with Thomas, we started talking to two other men. We really hadn't had much to drink. He went home and I stayed for a while. That's all I remember.' Mr. Smith snorts angrily. 'That damned Thomas! How can he leave you alone?!” Mr. Smith takes another step closer to Elena. He lifts her chin, forcing Elena to look at Mr. Smith. “Listen to me Elena. This really could have turned out differently if I hadn't found you. Promise me you'll never be left alone in any bar or club again.' Elena nods in agreement. "Promise Mr. Smith, I'm sorry about Saturday night." Mr. Smith looks intently at Elena. 'It doesn't stop here, girl. You should have known better. You shouldn't have stayed at that bar at your own. If a customer of mine had recognized you, it could have damaged the image they have of my company. Therefore, an appropriate sanction will follow again. I'm still thinking about this. You can go for now.” Elena nods. Looks at the floor and walks shyly out of his office.

12:00 noon. Lunch time. Elena wants to get up from her desk but feels a hand on her shoulder stopping her. 'Elena, do you have a minute? Come along to my office.' Mr. Smith pushes her in the right direction to his office. 'Sit down. I've been thinking. On Saturday I have to visit important investors. I want you to come with me. It's far away so we won't go back until Sunday. I want you to listen carefully during this visit and to think critically and participate in the discussion.' Elena looks at him questioningly. "But Mr. Smith, I don't know if I'm the right person for that." Mr. Smith looks at her seriously and grabs her chin again and lifts it up. 'My choice is clear. You will be picked up on Saturday at 8:30 and you will read up a bit.' He lets go of her chin and throws a stack of papers into her hands. “Here, to prepare.”