The Meeting

It's 7 o'clock in the morning. Elena made an extra effort to look neat. Especially today, she is also Mr. Smith his calling card. Her hair is loose with some loose curls in it. And she wears a chic pencil dress with slingback heels. Under her arm the laptop in a laptop bag and over her shoulders a blazer against the cold.

A car stops in front of the door. When Elena wants to open the door to walk to the car, she almost bumps into Mr. Smith again. "Oops, good morning Mr. Smith." Mr. Smith looks at Elena from top to bottom and gives her an approving look. 'Nice Elena. Oh and as long as we're not among other people, it's George, remember?' he winks at Elena. Elena blushes. George takes her hand and helps her down the stairs to the car. He opens the right rear door for her and guides her into the car. This time he does have a driver, Elena sees. George sits next to her on the other side of the backseat. He discusses the daily schedule with her and when he thinks it is important to take minutes and when this is not necessary. Elena listens attentively and asks some questions to be as well prepared as possible for the day. The ride is long. About a 2 hour drive, but certainly not annoying.

Once they arrive at a large and, how could it be otherwise, chic hotel, the car stops. "I expect you back at 6 p.m.," George says to the driver. George walks around the car, extends his hand to Elena and helps her out of the car like a true gentleman. Elena sees that they are being watched by the people sitting in front of the hotel. "Thank you Mr. Smith," she says, knowing she will now have to call him Mr. Smith again. George winks at her and squeezes her hand slightly. "Well remembered, Elena."

The day is long. Elena constantly follows Mr. Smith from one meeting room to another. She is busy typing during meetings and notices that it is increasingly difficult for her to focus. Finally they have finished the last meeting. Mr. Smith's car is already in front of the hotel. Mr. Smith helps Elena back into the car. Elena and George discuss the day together and then the car stops again at a super chic restaurant. The two are escorted to their table and a bottle of red wine is ready on the table to be poured. "Since I now have a driver, you don't have to drink the bottle alone anymore." George jokes to Elena.

As Elena slides her hand across the table to her wine glass, she suddenly feels a warm hand on hers. George looks at her intently. 'I want to offer you something Elena. I found out how long your drive from the office to home is and that's quite a feat. I'm sorry I snapped at you yesterday.' "It's okay," Elena says. 'It's worth the sacrifice.' and smiles at George who still has his hand on hers. He takes her hand and squeezes it gently. 'You know the apartments opposite the office. There is one for sale and I would like to buy it for you.' Elena blushes. “But Mr. Smith! I can't accept that!' "It's George outside work, remember?" and he gives her a wink. 'Well what do you say?' Elena looks at him with wide eyes. "Yes, but..." she manages. "Ah, I hear a yes," George says quickly. That will then be arranged. 'I can't do anything in return to thank you, can I?' Elena says. George thinks for a moment. 'There may be something, but certainly not an obligation. But what if I have to work overtime and go to the office on the weekend and you happen to be at home? Then it would be nice if you could help out every now and then. Is that a deal?'. Elena doesn't have to think about it for long and agrees. She has no one here outside of work anyway. So what else should she do?

Dinner is over and George and Elena are back in the car heading home. George looks at the laptop in the backseat. “Ah good, you still have your laptop here in the backseat.” Give it to me. I'll read the minutes. George takes the laptop on his lap. Elena tries to watch every time he types something, but she can't see it all properly. George notices that Elena is trying to watch. He leans towards her, slides his arm behind her and pulls her to the middle seat against him. "Now you can see it all better." Elena feels the warmth of his body against hers and notices that despite the slight tension and the warm tingling she feels, she becomes very relaxed. She enjoys his warmth.

The ride is long, but it can't be long enough this way. She is relaxed and the warmth of George and the fluctuations of the car make it difficult for her to keep her eyes open. Before she knows it, she falls asleep with her head on his shoulder. George carefully closes the laptop and puts his arm around her. Elena wakes up and quickly lifts her head from his shoulder. He presses her gently against him with her head on his shoulder again. “It's okay Elena. It was a long day. You've worked hard. You can sleep for a while.' And he gently strokes her hair.