𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 2

Cassie and Draco entered the compartment where Blaise, Pansy, and Theo were seated, their faces slightly pale from the encounter with the Dementors.

"Did it come here too?" Cassie asked, wasting no time and distributing chocolate frogs.

Theo shook his head. "No, but it just moved past our compartment. It was awful."

Pansy, still slightly shaken, asked, "Where were you guys?"

"Stupid Potter's compartment," Cassie sneered.

"He fainted. Can you believe that? He actually fainted," Draco chuckled hysterically, doing an impression of Potter having a fit and fainting.

Everyone erupted in laughter.

"The new professor was also there," Cassie informed with a frown, grabbing a pastry.

"Who?" Blaise asked.

"Some Lupin," Draco answered, sneering.

"DADA, I presume?" Theo asked.

"Of course. That's the only position that's empty. He won't last more than a year," Cassie replied nonchalantly.

"How do you know that?" Pansy asked, her voice slightly squeaky.

"The position is cursed, for sure. I saw teacher records in Dumbly's office when he was trying to lecture me about how dark curses are illegal," Cassie mocked Dumbledore's voice.

Draco wasn't paying attention. "But Potter's face?" he continued his impression of Potter having a fit.

"Enough, Draco," Cassie interjected, chuckling. "We wouldn't want anyone to think you've got a secret crush on Potter, would we?"

"Ew," Draco recoiled and stopped immediately.

Blaise brought up a new conversation. "How was y'all's vacation, though?"

"I went to the Museum of Dark Curses in Mortem Ridge... convinced Dad to get me this really cool stone that sucks up all light," Theo said, his eyes sparkling as he dug around for the stone.

"As in the original Tenebri Stone?" Cassie shifted over to have a look.

"Me, Blaise, and Draco went to this pureblood ball in France," Pansy remarked while Cassie inspected the stone.

Pansy hesitantly started, "Um, Cassie..."

"Hmm?" Cassie hummed, handing over the stone to Theo, raising an eyebrow, prompting her to continue.

"How was yours, uh, you know, with..."

Cassie understood the unspoken question. "My murderer father on the loose?" Pansy nodded, terrified.

All eyes turned to Cassie, awaiting her response.

Cassie smirked, but it didn't reach her eyes. "Let's just say he better hope I don't run into him. I have some serious issues to sort."

Theo's expression darkened. "No."

Cassie's eyes glowed. "What?"

"You're thinking of going after him, aren't you? Cassie, no, you can't do that," his voice was firm.

Draco's mouth fell open as he, too, grasped the situation. "No way you're going after him, Cassie. He's a murderer."

Cassie raised her eyebrows defiantly. "No one tells me what to do. It's my life," her voice threatening.

"It's not only yours!" Theo stood up, his voice rising. "You might be the greatest witch and dueler of our age, but you're no match for a mass murderer."

"You can't tell me what to do, Nott," Cassie shot back, her temper flaring.

Draco backed Theo, his tone pleading. "Listen, Cassie, please, it's for your good."

"Not you too, Malfoy," Cassie spat, practically shrinking Draco with her usage of his last name.

During this whole exchange, Pansy was bewildered. Theo and Cassie never fought. Theo was the most even-headed person, and Cassie was, well, hot-headed and reckless. Despite their opposite tendencies, they never fought. Theo was one of the few people who could convince Cassie.

Blaise sharply interrupted the escalating situation.

"Shut up, all of you. Let's not start the year fighting amongst ourselves."

Draco pulled Theo back and made him sit, attempting to calm the escalating situation. Pansy tugged at Cassie's robe, gesturing for her to sit.

"Let's go change into our uniforms; we're almost here," Blaise announced, trying to diffuse the tension.

Pansy immediately got up and pulled Cassie along. "Let's go, Cassie."

Cassie huffed and walked out, giving one harsh look to Theo.

A/n

I think my writing could be a lot better when it comes to describing scenes. Ahhhhh- i gotta learn to be more self confident. i keep thinking how cringe this is

also im just ending this chap cos well. uh. im kinda lazy and i feel splitting this in 2 chaps is better

so ya. hopefully next chap will be better and longer

Byeiii

mx riddle.