𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 10

guys. how the fuck did this get 200 reads. im crying. never in my dreams i had thought my story would get more than 10?

thank. you. for those who actually took time to read this...do feel free to leave out criticism and suggestions in comments

The next two days were pretty uneventful as Cassie forced Regulus to leave with Narcissa...she went through all the goodies and cards she received from most of the Slytherin house.

Hagrid sent her a messy scrawl and a bunch of rock cakes too (which almost broke her teeth when she tried to eat).

Surprisingly, the Slytherin group's visits were rare...which made her quite lonely...Pansy told her it was because they had homework. Cassie didn't believe her one bit.

She was suspicious they were planning some horrendous surprise for her birthday, which was tomorrow.

Madam Pomfrey checked her for the last time and told her she was good to go.

Cassie walked through the halls towards the dungeons, ignoring the pointed stares and whispers she got.

Upon entering the common room, Cassie found the group huddled together, deep in conversation. Their intense discussion halted abruptly as Cassie pointedly cleared her throat, drawing their attention.

"Seems no one remembered I was being discharged?" Cassie remarked dryly. "What are y'all discussing anyway?"

Blaise glanced at the others before responding, "Transfiguration homework." His reply was a tad too prompt, and Cassie couldn't help but raise an eyebrow in skepticism.

"So you wouldn't mind me looking through this?" Cassie gestured towards a piece of parchment covered in messy scrawl that Draco quickly tried to conceal.

"Uh, it's incomplete," Draco interjected.

"Sure, sure," Cassie replied with a smirk, unconvinced by Draco's excuse. "Well then, I'll go and sleep now. I don't know what Poppy gave me, but I'm very sleepy."

"Good idea."

"You should."

Mutters of agreement followed her as she walked up towards the dorm...she hadn't lied...the blood replenishing potion Pomfrey gave her made her very drowsy.

Slipping into her bed, Cassie hoped whatever they were planning wasn't too bad.

******************************

The next morning, Cassie was roused by the enthusiastic screams of Pansy and Daphne, who burst into her room with two beautifully wrapped gifts in hand.

Mortem hooted continuously, as if wishing her too, as he clutched two more packages in his talons.

Cassie recognized the familiar packages—one in sleek black from Regulus, and the other elegantly wrapped in posh pink paper from Narcissa.

"Calm down, Pansy," Cassie chuckled, amused by her friend's eager antics. "I'll open them."

Daphne had presented her with two stunning emerald earrings, while Pansy gifted her a striking skull necklace and a book of pranks.

Narcissa's gift was a rare black daffodil plant, something which Cassie has been trying to buy for a long time.

And Regulus surprised her with a new leather jacket adorned with spikes and a hair dyeing kit? Weird.

After freshening up and changing, Cassie was ushered out by Pansy, only to stop abruptly halfway down the stairs.

Her eyes widened in disbelief as she took in the sight of the common room, filled with younger Slytherins donning bright birthday hats and looking slightly bored.