𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 3

Cassie was jolted awake by a rough shake. "Cassie, get up! We need to go. Now!" Draco's urgent voice cut through 

Cassie groaned and blinked blearily, trying to make sense of her surroundings. The sound of distant screams and the flicker of spells pierced the night. "Draco, what's happening?" she asked, sitting up quickly.

"No time to explain," Draco said, grabbing her arm and pulling her to her feet. "We have to move!"

Cassie stumbled, still half-asleep. "Where are we going?"

"Somewhere safe," Draco muttered, his eyes darting around nervously. "Just follow me."

"What the fuck is going on?" Cassie gasped, taking in the chaos.

A crowd of wizards, tightly packed and moving together with wands pointing straight upward, was marching slowly across the field. They didn't seem to have faces. Then she realized that their heads were hooded and their faces masked. High above them, floating along in midair, four struggling figures were being contorted into grotesque shapes. It was as though the masked wizards on the ground were puppeteers, and the people above them were marionettes operated by invisible strings.

The floating people were suddenly illuminated as they passed over a burning tent. Cassie recognized one of them: Mr. Roberts, the campsite manager. The other three looked as though they might be his wife and children. One of the marchers below flipped Mrs. Roberts upside down with his wand; her nightdress fell down, revealing voluminous drawers as she struggled to cover herself up. The crowd below her screeched and hooted with glee.

"Death Eaters," Cassie whispered.

"CASSIE, NOW!" Draco dragged her towards the forest.

They sprinted through the dark forest, Cassie struggling to keep up. "Draco, tell me what's going on!" she demanded.

Draco glanced back at her. "I can't, Cassie. Father told me not to."

"Uncle is out there too, isn't he? With those Death Eaters?" Cassie spat in disgust.

Draco didn't say anything.

Cassie jerked her arm free. "I'm going to help those Muggles!"

"NO, CASSIE, IT'S TOO DANGEROUS!" Draco said firmly, grabbing her again.

Cassie glared at him "I'm not going to stand by and let these death eaters cause chaos"

Draco tightened his grip on her arm, his voice urgent. "Cassie, listen to me. If you go out there, they might hurt you... Mother told me to hide until this is over."

"Draco, I can't just do nothing!"

"You have to!" Draco insisted. "If not for yourself, then for me. Please, Cassie."

Cassie hesitated, glancing at Draco's flickering eyes filled with fear.

"The Ministry officials will handle it," Draco reassured. "And Father would never kill someone."

Cassie scoffed. "Are you fucking blind, Draco? Those bitches will do anything for entertainment, including uncle."

Draco didn't say anything; he knew she was right. He didn't want her to be.

Silence screamed in the distance, rustling of leaves, and murmurings familiar.

"Who's that?" Cassie whispered hoarsely, looking out.

"Ron, where are you? Oh, this is stupid — lumos!"

"Granger," Cassie scoffed to Draco, who leaned against a tree, waiting for them to arrive.