𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 16

With a smirk, Cassie continued, "Well, I guess introductions are in order, aren't they, father?"

Sirius froze, his sunken eyes widening in shock and disbelief at the revelation.

"Cassiopeia?" he whispered, his voice barely a whisper, disbelief evident in his tone.

The tunnel seemed to narrow around them, suffocating Cassie as she stood face to face with the man she despised. 
She had long thought of the moment she would meet him- but now words failed to come to her.

Sirius's throat worked, but no sound came out. His eyes, hollow and haunted, locked onto hers. "Cassiopeia... How-?" he croaked finally, his voice breaking.

"How am I alive?" Cassie scoffed, her voice dripping with scorn, her tone laced with venom as she confronted the man who had abandoned her.

Her grey eyes blazed as she continued, "How am I alive, after you decided to abandon mother and me while you left to live with those bloody Potters?"

Sirius flinched at her words,  He opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out.

Cassie's fists clenched at her sides, her nails digging into her palms as she fought to contain her rage. 

"You left us, Sirius," she spat, each word dripping with bitterness. "You left us to fend for ourselves, to face the world alone...While you left to play hero"

Sirius hung his head, unable to meet her accusing gaze. When he finally looked up, his eyes flicking to the green and silver tie adorning her neck.  "You're a Slytherin?" His voice was filled with disbelief, the last syllable carrying a hint of disdain.

Cassie's lips curled into a bitter smile at the tone of his voice, the recognition of his disdain not lost on her. It stung, yet she refused to let it show. Instead, she met his gaze with cold indifference

"Really? That's the first thing you say?" she retorted,

"Yes, Sirius. I am," Cassie continued icily, her words dripping with contempt. "Not all of us can be disgraces to the most noble and ancient House of Black, can we?"

Her words hung in the air, her grip on her wand tightened, her knuckles turning white with the force of her anger

Sirius gasped for breath as the cords constricted around him, their grip tightening with each passing moment. His struggles only seemed to fuel Cassiopeia's rage, her eyes ablaze with fury as she glared down at him.

"Listen, Cassie—" he managed to choke out, 

Cassiopeia's lip curled in disdain at the nickname. "It's Cassiopeia to you," 

Sirius's chest heaved as he fought to draw in air, his body trembling with the effort. "Cassiopeia," he gasped, his voice strained. "I'm sorry..."

 "No, you're not," she retorted coldly, her grip on her wand tightening, the cords constricted even further, squeezing the air from Sirius's lungs. He wheezed in pain, his vision blurring as darkness threatened to overtake him.

"Cassiopeia," he pleaded, his voice barely a whisper. "Please... don't do this."

For a moment, Cassiopeia hesitated, her gaze flickering with uncertainty. Then, with a deep breath, she loosened her grip on the cords,

As Sirius took in a long, rasping breath, relief flooded through him. The cords loosened their grip, allowing him to draw in air 

Cassiopeia watched him closely, her expression unreadable as she observed his labored breathing. For a moment, she seemed to waver, her resolve faltering in the face of his suffering. But then, her features hardened once more, and she stepped back, her wand still held at the ready.