𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 1

"Can't believe you grew even taller, Dray... I thought I'd finally be taller than you," Cassie grumbled, trying to stretch to her full height.

Draco laughed, his voice deeper than before. "Guess you'll just have to get used to looking up at me."

Cassie continued grumbling as they made their way up the misty field between long rows of tents. Most looked almost ordinary; their owners had clearly tried to make them as Muggle-like as possible but had slipped up by adding chimneys, bellpulls, or weather vanes. However, some were so obviously magical, like the Malfoys' tent—an extravagant confection of striped silk resembling a miniature palace, with several live peacocks tethered at the entrance, their plumage glittering in the early morning light.

"Who all are coming?" Cassie asked, pulling her Irish shawl closer against the breeze.

"Nott was gonna come, but his grandmother fell ill, so..." Draco trailed off.

"Wait, Theo's not coming?" Cassie asked, disappointment evident in her voice.

Draco smirked, nudging her. "Pretty disappointed, are we?"

"It's nothing like that," Cassie retorted quickly.

"Mhm," Draco nodded knowingly, a teasing glint in his eye.

"Get that knowing look off your stupid face. What about Blaise and Pansy?"

"Nope. They went to Egypt."

"Why?"

"I dunno, neutral purebloods convention or something," Draco shrugged.

Cassie nodded, gazing around and taking in the festivities. Their fellow campers were starting to wake up. Families with small children were the first to stir, much to Cassie's disappointment. She watched as tiny witches and wizards ran about, their excited chatter filling the air.

"I don't get why you're supporting Bulgaria. They will obviously lose," Cassie said haughtily.

"You don't know that," Draco frowned. "They have Krum," he declared as if that settled it.

"Ah, and see, we enter the Irish territory," Cassie said, watching the surroundings change to a sea of green.

"Has everything gone green?" Draco asked, bemused. They had walked into a patch of tents covered with a thick growth of shamrocks, making it look as though small, oddly shaped hillocks had sprouted from the earth.

"Oh look, Gryffindors," Cassie sneered, her nose crumpled in disgust. A group of Gryffindors were gabbling excitedly about something. They obviously received looks—not pleasant ones, but not nasty either, as Cassie had a tendency to make anyone scared with just one look. The dagger she wore at her waist didn't help.

"Bulgarian area seems more pleasant now, doesn't it?" Draco laughed.

"Alright, let's go. I can practically hear you dying to meet Krum," Cassie snided.

As they moved along, a Ministry wizard appeared haughtily before them. "Now, now, miss. I'm pretty sure the instructions were for Muggle clothing."

Cassie narrowed her eyes, turning to face the old wizard with the renowned Black death stare. "Isn't this leather jacket Muggle enough?"

The Ministry wizard, baffled, stepped back as if Cassie might lunge at him at any moment. "Uh, it's over your wizard robe—"

"Give it a rest, sir," Draco stepped in authoritatively. "She is with me."

"Oh, Mr. Malfoy, didn't see you there. Of course, I'll back away."

Cassie rolled her eyes and walked towards a large patch of tents where the Bulgarian flag—white, green, and red—was fluttering in the breeze. The tents here were not decorated with plant life, but each one had the same poster attached to it, featuring a surly face with heavy black eyebrows. The picture, of course, was moving, but all it did was blink and scowl.