𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 6

"What's that scent you're wearing?" Cassie asked, her voice curious as she leaned closer to Theo. They were all huddled together in the carriage, everyone squeezing in to fit.

"Must be the new shampoo I sent him," Draco said, his voice slightly chattering from the cold.

The door shut with a snap, and Pansy comfortably settled on Cassie's lap. A few moments later, with a great lurch, the long procession of carriages rumbled and splashed its way up the track toward Hogwarts Castle.

Theo's cheeks were slightly red as he spoke up, "I've been trying to grow out my hair."

Cassie turned sideways to get a better look. Boy, how did she miss that? His hair was definitely longer—a bit messy but cute.  wait- not cute- uhm. good, 

"It looks good—and smells good too," Cassie reassured him. "Like cocoa and citrusy, almost," she added, taking a whiff and nodding approvingly.

"I can barely smell anything over this mud and rain," Blaze grumbled, his nose wrinkling in distaste.

"We're almost there," Pansy reassured, patting Cassie's knee for emphasis.

The carriages continued their journey, passing through the gates flanked by statues of winged boars and up the sweeping drive. They trundled along, swaying dangerously in what was fast becoming a gale. Leaning against the window, Cassie could see Hogwarts coming nearer, its many lighted windows blurred and shimmering behind the thick curtain of rain. Lightning flashed across the sky as their carriage came to a halt before the great oak front doors, which stood at the top of a flight of stone steps.

"Alright, everyone, let's go," Draco said, huddling deeper into his coat. "I don't fancy catching a cold."

People who had occupied the carriages in front were already hurrying up the stone steps into the castle. Draco and Pansy hurried forward towards the entrance, right behind the Golden Trio.

"Wait, stop," Cassie hoarsely whispered, grabbing Draco's arm.

"What?" Draco chattered, stumbling to a stop as the rain poured down on them.

"You'll see," Cassie nodded toward the entrance. If you looked closely enough, you could see the peek of Peeves' orange-colored bow tie.

"Three, two, one," Cassie whispered, eyes gleaming with anticipation.

A large, red, water-filled balloon dropped from the ceiling onto Ron's head and exploded. Drenched and sputtering, Ron staggered sideways into Harry, just as a second water bomb dropped—narrowly missing Hermione, it burst at Harry's feet, sending a wave of cold water over his sneakers into his socks. People all around them shrieked and started pushing one another in their efforts to get out of the line of fire.

Cassie let out a shout of laughter before hurrying in the stampede. "Peeves!" she called out delightfully, carefully stepping in the driest areas, the Slytherin group stumbling behind her.

"Miss Cassie!" Peeves swooned, delighted to see her.

"I brought something for you," Cassie chuckled, reaching into her bag and pulling out a huge water gun. "Got it from a muggle store. Charmed it so you can fill anything in it—even potions."

Peeves jumped mid-air, reaching out for the gun just as an angry voice yelled, "PEEVES! Peeves, come down here at ONCE!"

Professor McGonagall, Deputy Headmistress and head of Gryffindor House, had come dashing out of the Great Hall; she skidded on the wet floor and grabbed Hermione around the neck to stop herself from falling.