𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 23

Outside the hospital wing, a heated argument was brewing. Draco Malfoy, flanked by Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zabini, and Theodore Nott, stood with arms crossed and scowls on their faces.

"What do you mean we can't visit her?" Draco seethed, his gray eyes flashing with anger.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Malfoy, but Miss Black needs rest," Madam Pomfrey said firmly, blocking the doorway  "She is not to be disturbed."

Draco's eyes narrowed. "Are you refusing the Malfoys?" he demanded, his voice dripping with indignation.

"And the Parkinsons," Pansy added, her tone haughty.

"And the Zabinis?" 

"And the Notts??" Theodore finished, his eyes cold and challenging.

Madam Pomfrey didn't flinch. She had faced down worse than a group of angry Slytherins in her time. "I am refusing anyone who would disrupt Miss Black's recovery," she said crisply. "Family name or not, my priority is my patient's health."

Draco stepped closer,  "Then you don't understand the power we hold. My father can get you the highest position in St. Mungo's in seconds," he said his voice suggestive

Madam Pomfrey's gaze remained steady. "Mr. Malfoy, your bribes will not move me. My duty is to my patients, and Miss Black needs peace and quiet to recover."

Pansy's face twisted with annoyance. "This is ridiculous! We have every right to see her."

"She is not to be disturbed," Madam Pomfrey repeated, her tone leaving no room for argument.

Blaise placed a hand on Draco's shoulder. "Maybe we should go," he suggested,

Theo growled, his frustration boiling over. "Do you think if any of us were in there, Cassie would have left us alone?" 

A moment of silence passed, 

Finally, Theo snapped. "Fuck this, I'm going in," he said harshly, pushing past Madam Pomfrey.

"MR. NOTT, DO YOU WISH TO HAVE DETENTION?" she shouted, her voice annoyed

"It's the last day—do your best!" Theo shouted back, marching determinedly towards Cassiopeia's covered bed.

The Slytherins broke into shouts of agreement, following Theo's lead as they pushed into the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey's exasperated cries of protest were drowned out by the clamor of determined footsteps.

"Enough!" she finally exclaimed, shaking her head in frustration. "

Draco and the others gathered around Cassie's bed, pulling open the curtains to find Cassie leaning upright, grinning widely.

"You are awake!" Draco exclaimed with childlike joy, his face lighting up.

Cassie raised her bandaged arm. "Good as new," she said, her grin widening.

Madam Pomfrey huffed, pushing Blaise to the side to remove the bandages and inspect the wound. "See, you lot woke her up," she scolded.

Cassie rolled her eyes. "It was just a scratch, Poppy. I'm fine."

Madam Pomfrey huffed again, cleaning the arm. The scars were healed but ragged, three distinct lines running across her skin. "I think you forgot to mention you were scratched by a fully-fledged werewolf," she said, walking away.

"WHAT?!" the group exclaimed together, their voices echoing in the hospital wing.

"It was Lupin??" Draco asked, his face contorted in disgust.