𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 15

"MS BLACK !" McGonagall's voice rang out sharply across the Great Hall. She walked briskly towards the Slytherin group, her cloak fluttering behind her.

The Slytherin group snorted in amusement, glancing at Cassie, who was smirking. She turned towards McGonagall with an innocent expression. "Yes, Minnie?" she responded sweetly.

Filch appeared behind McGonagall, his face twisted with rage. "You killed my cat!" he accused, his voice trembling with fury.

"No, what are you talking about?"

Filch's eyes blazed with anger. "I can't find her! Mrs. Norris is missing!"

Blaise chuckled, but his laughter quickly died under McGonagall's sharp look.

McGonagall's eyes narrowed as she gazed intently at Cassie. "Cassiopeia, if you tell me now, you won't get in trouble."

"They always say that—but if they did, I wouldn't believe them anyway," Cassie replied calmly, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

"Miss Black—" McGonagall started, her patience wearing thin.

"Oh, come on, Minnie. If you look at me like that with those emerald eyes, I'll give you my whole fortune," Cassie said, winking flirtatiously.

"Miss Black—I'll cancel your Hogsmeade weekend tomorrow if you don't tell me what you know," McGonagall said, her tone growing more severe.

Cassie looked back, her smirk fading.

"And your friends too," McGonagall added, her voice stern.

The Slytherin group burst into indignant protest. "That's not fair!"

McGonagall's gaze remained firm. "I'll decide what's fair. Now, Miss Black?"

Cassie huffed in frustration. "Alright, I gave Mrs. Norris a sleeping draught. She is in the second-floor armor next to Basil's portrait," she admitted, crossing her arms defiantly.

Filch spluttered indignantly, his face turning a deep shade of red. "You monster!"

Cassie shrugged nonchalantly. "She wouldn't stop meowing at Peeves. The poor guy was just doing his business."

Filch's eyes widened in outrage. "They were wrecking the bathroom!" he shouted.

"And?" Cassie replied, raising an eyebrow.

Filch turned to McGonagall, his voice trembling with anger. "I'll go to Dumbledore, you'll see!" he declared, before storming off, limping slightly.

"Twenty points from Slytherin, Miss Black," McGonagall said, her eyes still fixed on Cassie.

Cassie sputtered, her eyes widening in disbelief. "But you said I wouldn't get in trouble!"

McGonagall just raised an eyebrow, her lips tightening into a thin line. "That's just a thing we say," she responded, her tone matter-of-fact.

Cassie huffed in frustration, crossing her arms. "I knew it," she muttered under her breath.

*******************************

"It's freezing, Pansy. Go put on two or three cloaks over your Hogwarts robe," Cassie said, slipping her arm into a leather jacket over her own Hogwarts robes.

Pansy frowned, her disappointment clear. "But Hogsmeade is the only time we get to dress up!"

"You're not going in those tee and shorts. You'll die from the cold," Cassie insisted, her voice firm.

With a huff, Pansy turned to go back to her dormitory. Cassie shook her head as she walked down to the common room where the Slytherin boys were lounging.