𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 14

"Wait—so you're saying Potter got an anonymous gift, and McGonagall thought it was from Sirius? And it's an actual Firebolt?" Cassie seethed, looking over to the Gryffindor table.

"How lucky can this boy get??"

People from the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables were coming over to look at the crowd of people surrounding that stupid broom.

"I'm pretty sure it's not even real," Draco snorted, his eyes narrowing, obviously jealous of all the attention Potter was getting.

Marcus Flinch leaned forward. "How about you go take a closer look, Malfoy?"

Malfoy stood up and walked over, the rest of the group trailing behind.

"Sure you can manage that broom, Potter?" he drawled.

"Yeah, reckon so," said Harry casually.

"Got plenty of special features, hasn't it?" said Malfoy, eyes glittering maliciously. "Shame it doesn't come with a parachute—in case you get too near a dementor."

The Slytherin group sniggered.

"Pity you can't attach an extra arm to yours, Malfoy," said Harry. "Then it could catch the Snitch for you." The Gryffindor team laughed loudly.

Malfoy's pale eyes narrowed.

Cassie, who had been watching the exchange silently, didn't say anything. Instead, she fixed Harry with a cold, calculating look.

******************************

(- I'm too lazy- we'll have a time skip)

*******************************

"I can't believe it—" Pansy laughed hysterically, falling off the armchair onto Cassie, who was laughing too.

Theo and Blaise were chuckling as well, their laughter echoing through the Slytherin common room.

Cassie took a breath, trying to compose herself. "So, you tried to sabotage the match but ended up humiliating yourself and managed to get detention?" she said, her voice laced with mockery.

Draco sulked, his face reddening with embarrassment. "It's not funny," he muttered, crossing his arms and glaring at the others.

Cassie leaned back. "There are so many ways to sabotage, and you chose standing over Flinch's shoulders under a cloak, hoping you'd look like a dementor?" she said, shaking her head in disbelief. "How are you even my cousin?"

Draco's eyes flashed with annoyance. "It seemed like a good idea at the time," he mumbled defensively.

Theo chuckled. "Sure, Draco, sure."

**************************************

The next morning found Cassie sprawled across her bed, her limbs splayed out in disarray. Her duvet was half off, tangled around her legs, and her hair was a mess of knots and tangles, spilling over the pillow.

Meanwhile, Pansy and Daphne were engaged in agitated whispering near Cassie's bed. Their voices were barely audible above the rustle of the bedcovers.

Daphne glanced nervously at Cassie, her eyes wide with apprehension, whispering, "You'll wake her."

"She needs to know, Daphne."

As they continued to whisper, their voices barely audible, Cassie stirred slightly, a faint frown creasing her brow.

With a soft groan, she shifted in her bed, the duvet slipping further from her grasp, revealing the tangled mess of her hair.

Finally, unable to ignore the commotion any longer, Cassie grumbled in response, her voice thick with sleep, "I can hear you guys."

With a sleepy yawn, Cassie sat up, her tousled hair falling around her shoulders. "What do I need to know?"

"Uh—"

Cassie's eyes narrowed in frustration, her patience wearing thin. "Hurry up, bitch. It's too early for this."

"Sirius Black broke into the Gryffindor common room, apparently wielding a knife."

Cassie's eyes shot wide open in shock. "What?"

"Yeah, I heard they searched the whole castle again yesterday."

Cassie shook her head, masking her shocked expression with a facade of nonchalance. "Please tell me Potter died?"

**************************************

allright guys- weird chap i know. 

ITS ONLY A FILLER. COS I HAVE SOMETHING BIG PLANNED FOR THE NEXT ONE

Alr, the next chap is going to take some time for me to draft

till then pls leave some feedback and comments about what you like and what u dont

Mx riddle