10: The Dreams

     They were as Joker and her hero self dancing on a rooftop in Gotham city

     They were as Joker and her hero self dancing on a rooftop in Gotham city. Joker was dressed in a black suit and Phantom was dressed in a white ball gown type dress. They looked like a couple of old retro hollywood movie stars. She wore also a mask to go with her dress. She looked up in his eyes falling for him. His green eyes showed her no fear not like The Joker's brown ones...all she seen was red from him. With this Joker...he was like a child crying out for help, but didn't know who to trust.

"It's a beautiful night, Mr Joker," she said softly.

"It isn't the only thing that is beautiful" he smiled "but yes...the night is perfect."

"How so? What else is?"

"It's you," he smiled.

That made her blush. "Thank you. And so are you, Mr Joker."

They then stopped dancing and he held her face. Her heart thumped against her chest as he cupped her face to make her look up in his eyes.

"I would never hurt you...you're too perfect for me, Miss Alien and I...," he slowly leaned in and she leaned in close to him. They then kissed.

When they finally broke the kiss he rested his forehead against hers, "I don't care what the world thinks, I want us to be together, even if we are opposites. Me being a villain and you being a hero."

"I want that too. I don't care either. Maybe...they wouldn't care about what happen. All that matters...is our love."

He then laughed softly, "I think they will defiantly care. The press, your family, but if you're willing to take that chance then so am I."

She smiled and held his face. "I love your real face. And this face...this face makes me more brave..."

Joker was touched by that. He wanted her to be brave.

"I also feel like...I no longer alone anymore. That missing piece...it's complete when I am with you." Phantom smiled up at him.

Joker froze. He had been feeling that way with Harley whilst in Arkham. But he wasn't in Arkham anymore and since getting out he wasn't sure that's how he felt now.

"I want to feel that way too. I think I could feel that way with you. I need a lot of fixing though Sarah. It'll take time. Will you wait for me? Until I'm healed?"

"...of course, and I can help you. If you ever need me, Arthur, I will help you." She smiled holding his painted face.

"....even if I'm Joker?"

"Even if you're Joker," she smiled.

"....." he then smiled, "that's good to know. Thank you."

"Of course, I care about you."

Suddenly they heard evil laughter around them. Phantom then gripped on Joker knowing it was The Joker, but who was the female laughing? It was Harleen. Both of them appeared and their eyes glowed red of pure evil.

"I see you have your arms around my girl," The Joker smirked.

"And her arms around my man," Harleen snarled disgusted.

"Stay away from her." Joker commanded them. "If you both come any closer I will shoot."

"You wouldn't shoot me, J?" Harleen asked.

"Sorry, but I would if I have to," Joker frowned.

The Joker chuckled darkly, "some man he is to you."

"Oh he's just playing, he wouldn't dare—" Joker shoved a gun in her face.

"I'm warning you, Harls, stay away from her!"

"So you're going with her?"

Joker didn't respond, but suddenly The Joker grabbed Sarah which she screamed. Joker shoot, but Harleen grabbed the the gun and aimed it up so when it fired, it fired in the sky.

"Don't touch her!" Joker yelled as Harleen held him back.

The Joker smirked and held a knife to her face, "Let's put a smile on that pretty face!"

"NOOOO!" Sarah screamed waking up.