13: True Feelings/Her Secret

Alien smiled and climbed in, "I was patrolling around and thought I stop by."

"Nobody saw you did they?"

"No," she shook her head, "afraid my uncle Batman would see us?"

"I'm afraid anyone would see us. The whole of Gotham loves you for capturing me. If you were spotted coming in here you'd be done for."

"Oh...I see, but I just wanted to see you and see how things are going." She then squint her eyes under her hood and through her mask seeing his makeup was slightly faded and one of his eyes was bruised. "Who did this to you?"

"Oh that? I got into a disagreement with one of the guys in the club who tried harassing the dancers. Nothing to worry about."

079 picked up his heart meter and noticed he was lying and texted Sarah on the Omnitrix saying "lie."

"Jo...you can tell me. You're my friend. But I understand if you aren't ready to tell yet," she thought for what she could tell him, "you know when I talked about The Joker...from what he kinda did in my past?" She sat beside him taking her hood off, "...I trust you...and I trusted your father to tell...so...I want to tell you something, because I trust you, Jo."

"...you trust me, even though we've been friends not too long?" Joker asked.

Alien nodded with a reassuring smile, "I do. I mean...you wanted to help me. And I thank you for that."

"You don't have to thank me, doll. I wanted to help my best friend," he smiled.

Alien blushed shyly at him when he said that.

"Also...you were saying? About The Joker? You don't have to tell me, doll."

"Well...I do want you to know...my folks don't even know, and your father encourages me to tell them."

"Wait...your parents don't even know? Has anyone...called the police for...what he did to you?"

Alien sighed and shook her head sadly.

"You don't have to tell me, but if you really do trust me...then what happened?"

"Many years ago...I was only 14 years old..."

9 years ago...

Sarah had missed the bus. She waved out her arms yelling at the bus driver, but he didn't hear her. The kids on the bus did and laughed and made fun of her for missing the bus.

"Come on!" Sarah whined. How could she miss it, and on the last day of summer? She instead walked home, but on the walk to the country side of Fairway City, it was down pouring. "You got to be kidding me."

She managed to get home and her mother saw her soaking wet.

"So....you missed the bus and got drenched," Joker said, frowning slightly, "what does that have to do with....him. Wait, was he the bus driver? Or worse....did he see you? Was he watching you?"

"....not yet."

"Oh honey you're soaked." Catherine said, "take a shower and put your pjs on."

Sarah nodded and when she left, Catherine got a call. It was her uncle...Bruce Wayne, "oh hi, Bruce, long time, no see."

"Yeah...listen, I kinda miss you guys, you guys want to come over and hang out this summer?"

"I'm sorry, Bruce, Caleb and I working, Stephanie is going to camp...," but then she had an idea, "But I think I know someone who would love to meet you. She hasn't seen her uncle since she was only 2 years old."