Chapter 50

50 chapters and almost 10 months writing this, wow.

I'm sorry I couldn't publish chapters these days. I had very bad luck in these two weeks; my laptop died the first day I started writing on it. I don't know what happened, I still have to take it to the technician.

Also, when I arrived home, the transformer that powers the building where I live had exploded. So everything inside the refrigerator had completely spoiled, along with what was in the freezer.

Fortunately, whenever I leave my house, I disconnect my computer, so nothing bad happened to it. The electricity was fixed until a few days ago, but with all the electricity problem, I had completely forgotten to pay the internet, so there was no internet when the electricity came back. Only a few days ago was the internet reconnected.

Well, just a setback in life, sometimes it happens, you have to move on. I wrote down some ideas for this chapter by hand, and also took the opportunity to organize the internal calendar of the world I have planned.

(I'm not a scientist (yet) who has published anything in any kind of journal, nor have I won a Nobel Prize, so in this chapter, there is a set of nonsense, fasten your seat belts.)

Enjoy.

---

After assisting in the birth, the Wallace family and I stayed inside the tent for several more minutes, waiting for the rain to stop or the storm to calm down enough. During that time, David Wallace, now out of the shock of the intense situation, began to ask question after question, obviously intrigued by my medical knowledge and abilities.

"Leave PJ alone," weakly tapping her husband, Mrs. Wallace ordered him in a whisper as she cradled her exhausted newborn baby.

"How can you not be interested? He's a sixteen-year-old who knows how to assist in a birth," said the surprised man, unintentionally raising his voice, which immediately woke the baby who began to cry. "Oh, I'm sorry," Mr. Wallace whispered apologetically while Mrs. Wallace, rocking the baby again, managed to get him back to sleep.

"I read a lot of books, my mother is a nurse, and I plan to be a doctor someday. I study a lot," I explained silently, relieving the tension of the situation as I looked out of the tent. It was still raining, but with much less intensity.

"Just books?" still incredulous but keeping his voice low, David Wallace asked, "PJ, that was insane, you took control of the situation like a professional, you were even prepared to perform an emergency cesarean section. How could you know that? Did you learn it from a book too?"

"There are books, yes, but I've watched dozens of procedures and practiced countless hours," I explained.

"Aren't you in high school?" surprised, David asked.

"The hospital have a collection of hundreds of videos of different procedures in the library," I said, recalling all the videos I've seen in this life and my past life.

"The hospital..." Mr. Wallace was asking, but a faint shout from outside the tent stopped him. "PJ!" what I recognized as Bob's voice came from the other side of the river.

"I'll be back," I said to the couple with the newborn baby before stepping out into the now much lighter rain.

"Dad?" approaching the edge of the small island in the center of the river, I shouted.

"The rangers are on their way, how's everything over there?" wearing a heavy jacket with his company logo, the man asked.

"The baby is out and doing fine, Mrs. Wallace too," I said in summary, causing Bob to give a thumbs up before running to take cover from the rain in his truck, where Gabe was in the front seat trying to see out of the windshield.