chapter thirteen 🫰

Great news! Wei WuXian has died!”

Less than a day has passed since the siege in LuanZang Hill, and the news spreads through the cultivation world as if it sprouted wings, surpassing even the speed of warfare.

For a while, from the most prominent clans to rogue cultivators, everyone is discussing the siege that was led by the Four Great Clans and followed by hundreds of smaller ones.

“The YiLing Patriarch has died? Who could have killed him?”

“Who could be other than his shidi, Jiang Cheng, putting an end to his own relative for the greater good. Jiang Cheng led the Four Clans of YunmengJiang, LanlingJin, GusuLan, and QingheNie to destroy his “den”—LuanZang Hill.”

“If not for the YunmengJiang clan’s adopting and teaching him, he would have been a hobo living on the streets, let alone causing mayhem as bold as the ones these days. The head of the Jiang clan raised him as her own child, yet he defected them and became the enemy of the cultivation world, bringing shame upon the Jiang clan, even leading to its near-extermination. He is the prime example of biting the hand that feeds him!”

After Wei WuXian’s death, the period is drawn on the topic. The discussions of the people are mostly the same, with a few unconventional opinions being brought down immediately.

Jiang cheng lowered his head and said nothing. No one dared to look or say anything to jiang Cheng as they didn't forget what he had done a while ago.

Yanli rubbed cheng's back " A-cheng don't worry we will change bad things. No one going to die. Xian wouldn't blame you for this." but cheng didn't look at her.

Wei wuxian was still hurt as he died in the hand of jiang cheng but still he tried to cheer up jiang cheng" cheng shijie is right.You weren't at fault, it's like that you were over driven by your emotions and pain of shijie's death, even I was also same and committed suicide leaving someone who adopted all methods just to save me. It's okay, we will not repeat it." Wei wuxian looking at lan zhan with lots love and admiration.

Lan zhan felt uncomfortable when heard Wei wuxian but said nothing just pulled Wei wuxian towards himself as he was telling Jiang Cheng don't you dare to repeat what you have been done on screen.

Wei Wuxian is looking at lan wangji, without words, he adjusted himself too close to him to assure him that he is not going anywhere.

Lan xichen at verge of cry due to guilt and pain of failing in his life. He doesn't know how he should talk to his didi and Wei wuxian.

Nobody could summon Wei WuXian’s soul, which meant that his soul had disappeared.

It might have been torn apart by the millions of ghosts that devoured him.

Or, it might have escaped.

If was the first, then all is well. Then again, nobody doubts the fact that the YiLing Patriarch has the power to move mountains and empty seas. If was the last, his soul would eventually return to revive in his body. When the day comes, the cultivation world, or even all of mortal land, would be faced with the most insane damnation and revenge, sinking into nothing but chaos and despair.

The various clans set one hundred and twenty stone beasts on top of LuanZang Hill and initiated frequent soul-summoning rituals, followed by heightened vigilance and searches for strange occurrences from all over the world.

In the first year, nothing happened.

In the second year, nothing happened.

In the third year, nothing happened.