chapter fourteen 🫰

Mo village

A men received a kick just as he opened his eyes.

A voice thundered beside his ear, “Stop playing dead!”

The kick threw him backwards, headfirst onto the ground. Fighting the urge to vomit, a thought formed in his head—that’s quite a lot of courage you have to kick me, the yiling Patriarch.

"What ? "

"Who? "

"How"

Came from many cultivators with astonishment. Everyone looked at Wei wuxian who was sitting where lan xichen was sat before break. 

"Wei Ying" escaped from lan wangji's mouth and he unconsciously moved his arm to hug his lover but to his disappointment it was his brother who was sitting beside him.

" Wangji it's me, xichen your brother"

Lan zhan looked at his brother then at Wei wuxian with longing eyes but he didn't look back at lan zhan making him sad.

"Is this really Wei Wuxian" thought everyone including Jiang siblings.

"Am I really back to living" thought Wei wuxian with surprise. He is happy for his futureself as he can live with Lan zhan and love him but as his eyes moved to lan xichen who was sitting beside Lan zhan, he stopped thinking about his happiness with lan zhan as he doesn't want to destroy the lan family's harmony.

He will not let his bad luck affect lan zhan and his family. Instead of breaking twine Jade brotherhood, he will choose distancing himself from Lan wangji. After Making his decision about his relationship with lan wangji he tried to control his tears and started biting his lower lip with teary eyes.

It was his first time hearing a human voice in quite a few years, let alone such a loud, fierce shriek. His head swirled and ears buzzed with the echoes of the voice, “Whose land do you think you’re living on? Whose rice are you eating? Whose money are you spending? What’s wrong with taking a few of your belongings? Everything you own should be mine, anyways!”

The young master seemed to be quite pleased, poking Wei WuXian forcefully on the nose, “look at you now, playing dead on the ground! For whom? As if anyone actually wants these piles of junk! Now that I’ve smashed everything, let’s see how you’re gonna tell on me in the future! Are you proud of yourself just because you’ve studied cultivation for a few years? Well, how does it feel when you’ve been kicked back home like a stray dog?”

Wei WuXian thought wearily.

I’m not pretending to be dead at all, since I’ve actually been dead for a couple of years.

"Who is this mannerless boy " said master lan with annoyance.

"How dare he kick Wei wuxian, it's only my right " said jiang cheng

"Always being dramatic" thought Jin ling and JingYi

Lan zhan gripped his bichen when he heard Wei wuxian talking about his death.

"It wasn't couple of years instead you were dead for 13 years " said Jin zixun
With irritation as he can't accept that wei wuxian was returned to living after killing him and others mercilessly.

But soon he regretted his words and sat like scared cat behind madam jin to avoid the coldness of people. Jin zixuan was also coldly looking at his cousin " why did this idiot hell bent to destroy my marriage with yanli? "

Sizhui looked at his father who was coldly looking at person who kicked his baba "it's good that he is dead otherwise hanguang-jun would have killed him for hurting Xian ge"