Embarrassment & Freedom

My heart was racing.

I paced my room a little and looked down at my crumpled notebook.

He's going to think I like him now...
I'll never escape this. I'm stuck with this guy in this hotel for how long??

At least he doesn't know about the dream.

*Don't think about the dream*.

I collapsed on my bed, face planting into the stiff hotel blankets.

I heard a *clack* *clack* *clack* of shoes walking past my closed door.

They stopped.

My heart sank.

There was a knock.

Oh no...No. No. No. No. Please no.

I rolled over and sat up. "What?" I almost spat.

Shit that sounded rude.

The door opened. I couldn't even brace myself as the dark figure loomed into my room.

My face was riddled with regret and embarrassment.

"Next time." Lucci started, looking down at me cowering on the bed. "Come to me before you leave."

Oh.

He was talking about the casino.

"I didn't want to interrupt what you were doing, apologies." I said, my gaze dropped to the floor.

"I didn't know you're an artist." Lucci spoke like it was normal conversation.

My heart stopped. I looked up at him wide eyed.

"It's good to have various skills outside what the government wants from us. It helps to adapt for undercover situations like this." He held my gaze for a moment, then closed the door behind himself as he left.

He...he's not bothered by it?

I drew his naked torso and he makes no comment about that?

I sulked a bit in my room before daring to leave its safety. Out in the lounge area Lucci sat rather comfortably. His legs crossed, deeply engrossed in whatever he was reading.

He wore black pants a lot. Loose cotton pairs for nightwear, black suit paints for more formal things when not in CP0 white, black trousers and slacks for going out.

While his pants were rather basic, his shirts were more expressive. I think his most casual iconic look was his almost leopard print long sleeve. I found it almost funny that he'd choose to wear something like that. Almost branding himself by what animal he can turn into.

The shirt was a golden brown orange color, and splattered with black spots, though not proper leopard rosettes like what Lucci takes on in his Zoan form, the shirt is very leopard like.

By wearing this, was he letting people know he was a predator?

Lucci glanced up from the pages that had absorbed his attention until now, his expression slightly quizzical. Almost saying 'What do you want?' without actually speaking.

"Uh, just to inform you, I didn't find anything useful in the casino." I used as an excuse for getting his attention.

"As expected. Finding information so openly about Morgan's is going to be challenging in such a vast place as this city. We'll need to split up at times." Lucci closed his book, his attention on me. "But here, in close quarters, we'll stay together. It would be poor taste to obviously share a hotel room but avoid each other here."