Truth

Kaku stood, eyes fixed on us. I sat atop Lucci and he held me in place, his fingers digging into my thigh and ass in a somewhat painful manner.

I wanted to throw myself off him, to run and hide. But the position we were in...not possible. I stay fastened to Lucci while Kaku stood awestruck in disbelief, staring at the taboo, dirty duo party he'd just crashed.

"I, uh. I'm sorry to interrupt...I didn't know..." Kaku turned briskly, his face flushing, and swung the door as he left in a way that it would slam shut behind him.

Alarmed I didn't know what to do. Nobody knows Lucci and I were together besides Kalifa, and even then, she knew no details.
People suspect, they think we just get along well. But not *this* intimately...

Lucci deflated a little in the defeat of getting caught. He signaled for me to get off him and I did just that, albeit disappointed we couldn't finish...

"Should... we go after him?" I thought making him promise not to tell would be a good first step. I wanted to grab Kaku and erase his memory.

"There's no point. He's not a gossip. Just forget it happened." Lucci fixed his clothing. I could tell he was slightly annoyed about the interruption but he did his best to hide it as the emotionless assassin he was.

I sighed, wanting to feel Lucci's body again. "Will you be going to sleep now?" I asked and hoped Lucci didn't confirm. But he did.

"You best be going to your own room now." He said as he tucked his chair in.

Dismayed I wandered back to my given room, now angry at Kaku for ruining my plan. But a new feeling crept in...

One of worry.

*Without Lucci, will I be alright to sleep on my own?*

This being the first time in a long time I'd sleep alone.

I wondered if I should backtrack and ask Lucci if I could stay... but I didn't want to bother him. Not after being annoyed by Kaku's lack of manners.

I sunk onto the bed and felt somewhat colder without Lucci.

Past midnight now I could feel myself on the cusp of sleep....

Lower and lower I sank.

I couldn't move.

I tried to.

My eyes only saw darkness.

I was sinking again.

Lucci wasn't here to help me.

The harder I struggled the more restricted I was.

Paralysed.

Black.

............
....................
..........................
..................................
................
..........

"....medical staff?"
.........
"Call them. She'll have to remain on the ship. We need to press forward."
.............
*Voices. But who?*

I wasn't awake but I was trying to be. Trying to pull myself out of the hold this thing had me in.

Voices were around me but far away.

"Did...something happen last night to cause this?" That voice was Kaku, but what was he talking about? Me?

"No." Lucci said briskly. "Nothing happened. This is to do with her ailment."

It came back to me now, I remember visiting Lucci, Kaku walking in, then I went back to my room.

My vision was blurred as I opened my eyes. Two figures stood over me.

I focused to see Kaku and Lucci dressed and ready, looking down at me.

A marine knocked on the door before I could say anything.

"The medical team is on their way!" He saluted and disappeared.

"Medical team?" I questioned.

"You didn't wake up on time, and coming to your room we couldn't wake you either." Lucci informed me.

I sighed. "I'm...sorry." I struggled sitting up, my body weak.

"It seems you're still suffering from this illness and unable to perform missions." Lucci said in a flat tone that sounded harsh, though it was the truth. He spun on his heels, exiting the room before the medical staff filed in.

Kaku ran a hand through his hair unsure of what to do but offered a smile. "Sorry, I'll come back when you're feeling better." He disappeared after Lucci.

The medical team fussed over me but of course there was naught they could do other than perk me up with some fluids.

Kaku never came back, so around midday once the medical staff stopped fussing over me, I ventured out of my room. I wanted to find Lucci, I needed to talk to him.

Neither he or Kaku were anywhere on the ship, save their rooms I hadn't checked, so I decided to knock on Lucci's door.

It was quiet. Awkwardly quiet.

A pause before he opened it, grey blank eyes glanced down at me, then flicked away as he moved aside to let me in.

He stood stiffly, an aura of authority clung to him. Although this was the man I love, he was immensely intimidating at this very moment.

"Lucci..." I didn't know how to start. "I'm sorry for everything. I shouldn't have come."

"You're right. You shouldn't have"

*Ouch*

I shrank in his presence.

He must have sensed his words upset me, he changed his tone.

He signed slightly. "I just want you to be safe. It's unfortunate we can't get a diagnostic let alone a cure for this."

"I'm pretty lost with this. I don't know what will happen to me. What the Gorosei will do to me. I'm pretty useless now." I signed.

"You're not useless. You're just stuck in a situation with no answer on how to escape it." Lucci tried to be considerate.

"No, it's me. This is most likely something to do with the fact I'm not even from this world. It will get worse until I finally disappear." I said neither here nor there.

Lucci's stance shifted, he seemed to deflate his posture. His face was almost sad.

I moved to him and went on my tippy toes to hug him, he hunched over in embrace. We were both quiet while the truth hung in the air.

The silence was broken by marines noisily chattering as they walked past the room down the hallway.

I was feeling pretty solemn, stuck in dispare. Until Lucci pulled me out.

"Would you like to finish what we started last night?"

I flicked my eyes up to his in shock at the suggestion. I couldn't help but grin wickedly.

"Well, it's midday and I'd certainly rather have you for lunch than anything else..."