Warm

I awoke in a peaceful rested state.

I was calm.
I was comfortable.
Until I remembered I was in Lucci's bed.
Until I remembered last night.

  My heart started racing as I jolted up, holding the covers up over my body to hide myself.

I looked around, but no Lucci.

I was alone...

  My clothes lay neatly folded over the back of Lucci's lounge.

The lounge I lost my virginity on...

  The bathroom door was open so my guess was he wasn't in there either. He left me alone in his room to sleep in?

*Shit I slept in.*

  But I at least didn't have anything tasking today. Just reports to hand in. Nothing urgent.

  I collected myself, dressed and as I was slipping out the door I realised something.

  Lucci was gone, but his bird wasn't there either.
  Thinking about it... Hattori wasn't there last night either. I'd had thought as Lucci's little companion, the pigeon would have a cage or something. But I didn't see anything of note when I was in the room, nor life.

  Lucci had planned last night then.

  He'd have had to. To greet me half naked, to not have his companion with him. He'd been waiting for this it seems.

  Back in my own room I changed into fresh clothes and prepared myself for the day.

  Leaving my room it was past 8am.

  I hurried down the corridors and grabbed a snack from the community kitchen.

  As I was leaving, I caught Kalifa coming in.

  "Well, well. You're up late. Care to explain why?" She knew she had me pegged. Slightly adjusting her glasses in a 'I caught you' manner.

  Blushing, I stumbled for an excuse. "Too many papers..." I couldn't look at her.

  "From my understanding you only had light work these few days?" Kalifa pressed, crossing her arms.

  I didn't want to blurt out I'd slept with Lucci, even though the weight of these unspoken words was holding me down, I couldn't fess up to my actions.
  Lucci is a private person, he wouldn't appreciate me exposing his intimate side.

  "Well, I was busy!" I said hastily and literally ran past her. I couldn't let her know, at least not yet.

  Kalifa wasn't a gossip, but I feared if I told even just one soul, more would find out.

  Again, it's not like relationships were taboo. Actually, this might even be encouraged. But in a 'creating a solid future generation of agents' context.

  Most Cipher Pol members come from nowhere. They're basically adopted from orphanages as children and moulded into the finest agents.
  Break them in while they're young. That's the way the World Government thinks.
  But few, like Kalifa, Kumadori and Spandam, come from agents themselves.
  I don't know if it's true, but I heard Kalifa's father was at the Ohara incident.

  Given that context, my relationship with Lucci might be favourable for the W.G. If we proceed to follow through and actually marry...Children...

  What would kids with Lucci be like?

I snapped myself out of that thought. Too forward, too soon.

  After escaping Kalifa, I hurried about my duties and retired to my bedroom. It was early afternoon when I received a knock at my door.