Lucci's Bedroom

The day had been pretty standard until I finished early in the afternoon.

  Kalifa had been fairly busy all day but I caught her on her break.

  We sat alone in a smaller lounge area that wasn't used often, sipping our teas as we chatted.

  "So." Kalifa began, adjusting her glasses. "You and Lucci seem to be getting well acquainted. Care to fill me in on the details?" She gave a slight sly smile.

  "Ah, well." I started blushing.

  "Go on." Kalifa urged me.

  "Well, I don't know what to do. Or say. There's so much going on and I have so many questions but how the hell do I even *talk* to Lucci?" I started sputtering out. "I mean, we talk. Civil, trivial things. But how do I start the 'are we dating' conversation? This isn't Jabra or Kaku that's inviting me to dinner and kissing me, it's Rob Lucci! What do I do?" I looked somewhat panicked as I rattled off my dilemma.

  Kalifa chuckled slightly. "You know, I spent 5 years undercover with Lucci. Though our occupations were different, we were still a tight knit group there undercover, as we were in CP9. And still in all that time I really don't know much about him as a person. He's a closed off man. But I've honestly never seen him inclined to anyone before. This is new." Kalifa sat back thinking.

  "Inclined? How do you mean?" I questioned.

  Kalifa continued. "Well obviously the aspect of relationships isn't actually taboo with our line of work. It just can't be a distraction. Jabra chases after girls, Stussy runs the Red Light District and I...well, that's a discussion for another day. For Lucci, he received a lot of attention in Water 7. He was...voted the most handsome in some poll? I can't really remember. But the ladies did swoon, he just ignored them. Warranted we were undercover so it would be is poor taste to start a relationship under the guise of being a shipwright given the reality of what he really was. And he's the type of agent to focus on the task at hand."

  "So you're saying he's never been in a relationship before?" I sipped my tea, a little worried now.

  "Well, I can't say. Probably not a proper relationship. I'd think he's spent the night with a girl back in Water 7 but you'd have to ask Kaku. They worked side by side and housed together so he'd know more about Lucci's antics back then." Kalifa explained.
  My stomach curled slightly at the mention of Lucci sleeping with someone.
  Was I jealous? Wow. I was pretty invested in this guy to feel that way.

  "How should I play this with Lucci though?" I asked. "I'm pretty lost."

  "Honestly. I don't know. Just talk to him? Lay it all out on the table. Maybe not overbearingly. But let him know how you feel, that you don't know what he wants." Kalifa suggested.

  "Maybe. I just don't know how well he'll be inclined to that type of discussion. Being closed off and all. My main issue is the future." I paused thinking.

  "Future? You don't want kids? I'd think he doesn't either." Kalifa chimed in.

  "No, not that. I mean my future literally. I blipped into this world. Who knows when I'll blip out." I deflated a little, contemplating. "Is it okay to follow through with Lucci even if at some point in time I could completely disappear from this world? I...wouldn't want to build something with him just to abandon him later on." This thought made me sad.

  Kalifa was quiet for a moment. I looked up at her, my eyes somewhat pained.

  "Do you love him?" She asked.

  "What?!" My face told of my shock. That was a very forward question.

  "Well, do you? Is this carnal or do you  view him romantically? Would you want a life together?" Kalifa asked the big questions I was scared to answer.