"You look lovely"

It had only been a month. But so much had happened, in the most obscure and unsuspecting ways.

Lucci did little things.

Like watching me when we were in the same room or walking past each other. I could always feel his eyes on me.

Actually sitting with my group, which consisted of Kaku and Kalifa mainly, when we were all off duty at the same time.

And conversing. He didn't speak much, but he'd ask a question here and there or comment on whatever myself or the others were talking about. This was more engagement than usual.

He was still very much closed off. But to me...I felt him warming up to me.

And the little things... the split second moments that felt like they lasted a lifetime. They started driving me wild.

2 weeks ago I caught him watching me, I offered a smile of greetings as we passed each other in the corridors, on my way to deliver a report with Kalifa by my side. He didn't smile back, but it was close. So, so very close.

A week ago in the kitchen area seated with him, Kaku, Kalifa and Blueno, reaching for the napkins at the same time his hand brushed mine. We glanced at each other, I apologised. But my hand was tingling from his touch.

Three days ago turning around to leave, I almost bumped into him. He wasn't bothered by this like he should have been. He acknowledged me and moved on, but being this close to him I got to inhale that dreamy scent of his.

Just yesterday he invited me to dinner.
Outside our rooms where nobody could see. He was coming out as I was going in.
He was dressed in CP0 ivory indicating he had some work to do, while I was finished for the day.

Hattori sat on his shoulder, quiet and watching.

He closed his door behind himself and paused, watching me as I stopped outside of mine, my hand was reaching for the knob.

"Are you done for today?" Lucci asked. He wasn't the type of person to say "hello, how are you?".

"Yes, were you leaving for a mission?" I replied. It was only midday.

"Just an appearance, nothing more. I'll be finished by noon." He paused slightly, tilting his head in thought. "Do you have anything planned for this evening?"

My heart skipped a beat.

"Oh, no I don't." I said, waiting for the question I was hoping he'd ask.

"Would you be inclined to join me for dinner?" He said smoothly.

I was hysterical on the inside. Screaming, crying, running around in circles, flipping tables. But on the surface I was calm and welcoming.
Lucci was inviting me to dinner. Was this a date??

"Of course, what do you have in mind?" I could feel myself blushing.

"Dress and be ready by 5pm, I'll be waiting for you at the docks." Lucci walked passed me. His expression was a look I wasn't sure what to call. It was a peaceful gaze. I wasn't used to him looking so content, almost happy.

I spent the rest of the day grooming myself and showering. Trying to make myself extra clean because I had no idea what to expect from Lucci tonight.

Not that I expected anything from him...But I had to make sure.

I brushed my teeth three times.

4:37pm. Time to go. I don't think Lucci would appreciate my tardiness but would he care if I was early?

Down at the docks I waited a little off to the side. A few marines eyed me. They know I'm not allowed to leave unaccompanied.

In strolled Lucci dressed in a silver grey suit piece. His hair was styled so it fell freely around his face. Normally he tucked it behind his ears, but they were hidden now.