Casinos, Cards & Lucci's Lap

I hid in my room until evening until Lucci and myself would have dinner then investigate the casino again.

  Arriving at the entrance he gave the order to repeat the same process as last time but come to his table afterwards.

  Weaving about the slot machines tuning in on conversations I couldn't find anything of use.

  I'd spent some time at a betting table and watched along as they spun the wheel. Everyone seemed to be in good spirits and dressed up.

  With nothing going on in my favor I went to find Lucci, who looked quite cozy in a leather chair playing cards.

  The 3 others; a smallish fishman, a very large human and someone slightly smaller than Lucci, all flicked their eyes around at each other while hiding their hands.

  I stood by Lucci's side.

"Well well! I'd expect a gentleman like you to pull a fine lady like this!" The bigger man puffed on a cigar, his voice deep. His attention on myself and Lucci.

  "Is she yours or can I call dibs?" The smaller man wheezed. He was stringy looking.

  Lucci with his cards in his left hand, used his free right arm to wrap around my waist and pull me onto his lap. "Of course she's mine. Isn't that right Sally?"

My.

Heart.

Stopped.

  "Oh Robby!" I said in my cutesy acting voice, my blushing very real.

  I shifted my position so that I was sitting on his right thigh, my legs draped over his. My left side pressed into him, I placed my left hand on his shoulder and my right hand on his chest. I was basically snuggled into him.

  This is all an act. We're acting.

Rob Lucci just pulled me onto his lap, but this is acting.

Right?

  Lucci's right hand was planted on my waist.

  My heart was beating wildly and I hoped, HOPED, he couldn't feel it.

  The men chuckled in a 'look how well he's got it' type of way.

  "Flush." The smaller man said, a little nervous placing his cards down.

  "Three of a kind." The fishman said very disappointingly.

  "Heh heh heh." Big man bellowed. "FULL. House." He placed his cards down. The other 2 scowled.

  "Royal flush." Lucci said rather elegantly, his cards now on the table.

  "Nah this guy's cheating. How the hell does the newbie win AGAIN?" The fishman growled.

  "Maybe you're just shit. Robert is the better player." The big man chuckled.

  Some coins were pushed towards Lucci on the table. He looked pleased.
It reminded me of his "it's good to have other skills" statement. He'd become quite savvy at cards it seems.

  "Another round?" The smaller man asked as the bigger man's DDM went off.

  "Hold on I need to take this." The big guy got up.

  Lucci pinched my thigh slightly.

  "Excuse me, I'll run to the little girls room while you're all on break." I announce and ran off in the opposite direction the big man went, circling back around to his location.

  He'd gone out the entrance of the casino and was lingering in the empty lobby.

  I leaned up against a wall behind a large potted plant out of sight.