Chapter 11: School Carnival

Bonnie and Elena have been taking over duties for Caroline, for the school carnival fundraiser. I took a beat because I fell behind a bit on school work because of all the vampire bullshit. I heard Caroline has been very adamant about leaving the hospital tonight. That girl can not take a vacation.

I emailed the Founders building office to see if I could stop by today and look at some of the old records. I get ready for the day and go down to the kitchen to grab some food before I head out. The Founder's Council front desk person got back really quickly and told me I can stop by. The building is the one we had all of the Founder's events at. I tell the woman at the front desk why I'm here and she takes me to a room full of books, knickknacks, jewelry, pretty much just all things antique.

"Is there anything in particular you're looking for?" The woman asks. "Is there a section for each founding family?" I ask her, looking around the cluttered room. "Yes. There's a section for each family and anything that doesn't have any tie to a family is categorized by type." she says. "Can you show me where the Hawthorne family stuff is?" I ask her. She nods and walks me to a section that has books, clothes, jewelry, photos, and other little things. "Let me know if you need anything else. I'll be at the front desk." the woman tells me and leaves.

It takes me a second to pick what to look at first. There's a picture of a family. It's dated 1870. There's a mother, father and their two children, a girl and a boy. It's Elisibeth. The children look to be around three and five. I place it back and grab one of the books. It has my family tree in it dating back to seventeen-hundreds. Her name was Claudia LeBlanc and she got married to a James Bordeaux. It says they're from New Orleans, Louisiana. It looks like my line made its way up the east coast to Virginia by eighteen-seventeen.

Flipping the page I see more pictures and descriptions. There's a picture of two families taken sometime in the eighteen-hundreds. The names of the people are listed below the picture. On the right, James Hawthorne, and Sarah Hawthorne, alongside their children, Jack and Elisibeth. On the left, Giuseppe Salvatore, and Lillian Salvatore, with their two boys Stefan and Damon. The children were no older than eight. I can't believe I'm looking at a picture from the eighteen-hundreds that has a little Stefan and Damon. They look so pure and innocent. I read more inserts from the book. Little Jack Hawthorne died at the age of six estimated to be only a few months after the picture was taken. There isn't a whole lot here that I didn't know so I hope Elisibeth keeps visiting me in my dreams so hopefully I can find out if I have magic or not. 

After I freshen up at home, I text Elena to tell her I'm heading to the carnival. I grabbed some popcorn to snack on after going on the gravitron and playing a few games. Heading into the school I see Stefan and Damon's backs while they watch Tyler arm wrestle. The inside of teh school has a bunch of balloons and party decorations everywhere. 

I inch my way towards them still snacking on my popcorn.  I don't let myself be known and just listen in on their conversation. The guy that was in Tyler's house the other day steps up to the arm wrestling table. "Enter the uncle." I hear Damon tell Stefan. Stefan chuckles. "This is ridiculous." Stefan says to Damon. The bell rings signaling for them to start. Five seconds later, Tyler's arm is slammed down. I see his uncle Laugh. "Uh, Stefan wants a go." Damon volunteers his brother. Tyler motions for him to come over. The brothers look at each other. Damn it Damon noticed me. He shifted his eyes on me then back to his brother. "Thanks." Stefan says to Damon. "Yeah, sure. I'll, uh, I'll give it a shot." Stefan yells to Tyler, and walks up to the table. "Go Stef. Get em, Stef." Damon yells in support.

Stefan and Tyler's uncle lock hands. Out of the corner of my eye I see Damon walking slowly backwards to me. He reaches over and grabs some popcorn. We watch Stefan get his ass kicked in the arm wrestling match. After loosing he walks back to us. "Hey, Lorelai." Stefan gives me a smile. I say hi back. "You didn't put in any effort at all." Damon scolds his brother. "Yeah, actually, I did."Stefan proves him wrong.