02

The next morningThe warm bahrain sunlight hit my face as i fluttered my eyes open

The next morning
The warm bahrain sunlight hit my face as i fluttered my eyes open. I winced as my head started pounding. Great, a hangover, on the first race this season. I slowly rolled out of bed and headed to the bathroom to take a shower.

After i got out i felt ten times better and started to get ready.

Today was race day and i was very excited. The atmospheres on race days made it so much better and i missed it. I quickly did my makeup and slicked my hair into a pony as it was very warm today. I threw on a denim skirt, black bodysuit, black boots and ofc my mercedes hat. I remembered to pack my sunglasses and grabbed my hotel key.

Oscar texted me to say he had some coffee in the meeting room for us all. 

Once i got to the track i headed straight there. I smiled at the group as i walked in.

"Hey mads!" oscar says handing me my coffee.

"thank you osc!" i hug him.

"so you went out drinking last night?" charles says looking between me and marie.

"Don't remind me i'm still fragile." marie says rubbing her forehead.

Everyone laughs.

After we finished our coffee the drivers had to head to get ready for the race so me and marie followed behind lewis catching up on our night.

"Wait so you seriously don't remember falling into that bush?" marie says trying not to laugh.

"OMG IS THAT WHERE THE BRUISE IS FROM?!" i say showing marie the big bruise on my thigh.

Marie laughs. We both head inside the mercedes garage and head to our usual spots with the mechanics.

The race was very nerve racking. Me and marie were on the edge of our seats everytime lewis overtook someone. He was currently p2 and he was very close behind max. The mechanics were shouting loudly at the screen waiting for lewis to make the move.

Finally lewis got to the last corner and took the opportunity and perfectly overtook max. He passed the checkered flag and the garage erupted in cheers. Me and marie were jumping up an down hugging eachother. We all ran to the podium to see lewis. He smiled down at us all holding up his trophy proudly.

P1- Lewis
P2- Max
P3- Lando

Champagne was sprayed everywhere and lewis came down to us soaked from head to toe.

After media, lewis met me and marie in his drivers room and we ran to hug him.

"Congrats lew!"

"thank you mads!" he said hugging me back.