Working for a Matagi

Third Person:

Yae was walking down the mountain. Something suddenly landed in front of her. She walked up to it and gasped. It was the head of her dog.

She turns to her left and sees a demon on all fours in the distance.

I have never seen a demon return to being human.

Ah... He really did turn into a demon!

The demon she saw was her dad.

F-Father...

Once you spot your prey, calmly raise your rifle. Then take two deep breaths in your nose and out your mouth. Aim for your target's vital spot and then squeeze the trigger.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I wanted to find him and ask why he did that. So I lied about it being a bear. I'm sorry Taro... but your death has steeled my resolve.

Yae pulls the trigger and shoots at her father, shooting his head off. She looks down upset after. Then she looks back up and her eyes widen.

Why...

Her dad regenerated most of his head.

Why did you become a demon? Why did you feed on others? Why... Why?! Why did you run out of the house? Why... didn't he...

Yae gets pinned down by her dad. She uses her gun to hold him back by putting it in his mouth.

If you are going to remain a wild beast then as a matagi, I must kill you.

Yae: F-Father...

That was all I could think.

Yae: Why...

If I was going to suffer this much...

Yae: Why didn't you eat me too?

Demon: ...E... Ya... ...e...

As Yae looks at her dad in shock, Giyuu comes in and cuts half her dad's arm off.

Demon: Gyaaagh!

The demon jumps away from Yae. Shinobu lands behind Yae.

Shinobu: Oh dear! What a coincidence!

Yae's dad holds the side of his arm.

Giyuu: Kocho... take care of her.

Yae: Wait...

Shinobu: Can you handle this, Tomioka? Perhaps I should help. My poison will swiftly dispatch him to the netherworld.

Yae: W...Wait!

Giyuu: Yes? Surely you understand. He is no longer human. He's a monster. A demon.

Yae's father stands up and begins to regenerate his arm. Yae begins to cry.

Giyuu: Prepare yourself, Yae. That thing is no longer your father.

Yae's dad sends his BDA at Giyuu, who deflects it with his sword. The demon tries to punch his sword but Giyuu swings out of the way in time. He aims for Giyuu's face but he dodges.

Water Breathing.

Giyuu cuts the demon's right arm across its chest.

Fourth Form: Striking Tide!

Giyuu cuts all of its limbs, and its head.

Demon: ...ive... on...

Giyuu's eyes widen. He turns back to the body parts that fell over now. They were beginning to crumble away.