Mountain Mission

Third Person:

A crow rests in a man's arm.

???: You did well to return. So, most of my children have been slaughtered? We night find the Twelve Kizuki there, then. It seems I'll have to send in the Hashira.

Behind the man were two slayers, or properly known as Hashira.

???: Tomioka... and Kocho...

Both: Understood!

Shinobu: If only humans and demons could get along. Don't you agree, Tomioka?

Giyuu: Impossible... as long as demons eat humans.

Crow: Tanjiro! You have a message from the Water Pillar.

Tanjiro: ...I do?

Crow: You are to join him and the Insect Pillar on their mission to Mount Natagumo. Mount Natagumo is where you must go.

Tanjiro: ...I get to join Giyuu on a mission? And I get to see the Insect Hashira again! Wait...

Mount Natagumo... that's where Nezuko and the others went for their mission. First they assigned a few lower rank slayers, and now there's two pillars going. Is there a 12 Kizuki on the mountain?

Crow: You must go now!

Tanjiro: Right!

Tanjiro picks up his sword and begins running to the mountain.

Whatever the case is, I must help out!

It's been a while since I've been told to get here. I wonder if everyone is still fighting.

Tanjiro stops and looks to his right. He sees a female slayer to his right.

Another slayer... her hairpin, it looks similar to Miss Kocho's... maybe she's her tsuguko.

Tanjiro: Hey! Do you know the Insect pillar by any chance?

The girl turns to him and simply smiles without saying a word.

Tanjiro:...

Did she not hear me?

Tanjiro: Hello?

The girl still says nothing and begins to run into the forest. Tanjiro gasps.

Tanjiro: I guess she didn't wanna talk to me...

Wow... she moves fast like Kocho did... maybe she is her tsuguko. Should I follow her, or try to find demons on my own?

Giyuu stood in front of a dead demon slayer's body.

?: Were you acquainted with any of them?

The person speaking behind him was Shinobu.

Shinobu: There don't seem to be any survivors around here. We were informed that several rookie Mizunoto had joined the battle, but they might be dead by now, don't you think?

Giyuu: Let's go.

The two began to run through the woods.

Shinobu: Isn't the moon lovely? Since we've been given this joint mission, let's try to get along.

Giyuu: My only concern is slaying demons.

Shinobu: How cold-hearted of you. Alright, then, let's split up here. I shall proceed from the west.

Giyuu: Very well.

Shinobu sprinted away and Giyuu continued from where he was.

~Very long Time Skip~