𝐢𝐢. winter is coming

Chapter 2 | WINTER IS COMING

[ Rhaella ]

ONCE THE STARK BOYS CAME BACK, Bran said there was a surprise. He took Rhaella to the kitchens to show her. When they walked inside, Rhaella was greeted by the sight of the Stark children with puppies.

"Oh my gosh!" She gushed. "Bran, they are adorable!" He picked one up saying, "This one is mine! I haven't decided on a name yet. They're direwolf pups! There's enough for all of the Stark children, even Jon!"

He handed the little pup to Rhaella. "I'm sorry I couldn't get you one. Maybe, we can share mine! We'll take care of him together."

The pup licked her cheek. "I'd like that!" She giggled. Bran soaked a towel with warm milk and handed it to her, "Here, I think he's hungry for milk." She lifted the towel to the pup's mouth, and he bit onto it, starting to suck the milk. She turned to Arya. "Did you name yours?"

"Sure did!" She said. "Her name is Nymeria!" Sansa scoffed. "The name of mine will be Lady. She's going to be well behaved and good like me."
Arya rolled her eyes.

Robb lifted up his pup, examining it. "I think I'll name mine . . . Greywind."

"That's so cool," Bran murmured, jealous. Even when holding a pup in his arms he looked cool.

Rickon played with his pup. "I'm going to name mine . . . Shaggydog!" Everyone thought that was an odd name, but didn't say anything, fearing that they would hurt the boy's feelings.

The preparations continued for the King's arrival. During Rhaella's free time, she liked exploring Winterfell and interacting with the people. Although it took a while for the people to warm up to her, she was eventually called Winterfell's delight. She was quite similar to Bran. A loving and outgoing child. Quick to laugh, easy to love.

In the courtyard, Bran was receiving history lessons from Maester Luwin. Rhaella and Arya were waiting on him to finish, doing each other's hair. Rhaella liked teaching Arya how to braid. She looked over at Bran, who was already glancing over at her. They both waved at each other until Maester Luwin wacked Bran on the head. "You need to focus," the Maester said. The girls laughed.

"I think he's really starting to like you." Arya said.

"Really?" Rhaella asked.

"Are you kidding? He's always staring at you. And don't tell him I told you this, but after the first dinner you had with us, he told me you were very pretty."

That made Rhaella blush. Does he really like me? Arya could just be teasing. We both agreed to just be friends. But, he thinks I'm...pretty. I wonder if Robb thinks I'm cute? If only I were older I would have been married to him instead.

After Bran was done, he decided to go climbing the castle walls. Rhaella didn't feel like going with him, so she stayed by Lady Catelyn's side. Bran's direwolf pup also followed her around. He was growing at a rapid speed. Lady Stark was quite stressed making sure everything was perfect. Especially since the Lannisters were coming.