𝐯𝐢𝐢. the feast

Chapter 7 | THE FEAST

[ Rhaella ]

SHE DREAMT OF FLYING, high above Winterfell, on dragon back. Touching the clouds as she reached for them. The wind blowing through her long curly hair. For once, Rhaella had a pleasant, normal dream. If only it could always be like that.

Once she woke up, she felt something wet under the covers so she lifted them to see. To her confusion and horror, she let out a bloodcurdling scream. Osha came running inside, "what happened?"

"Osha!" She screamed. "There's blood, I'm bleeding!" Osha let out a sigh of relief. Rhae, at first, was uneasy around the wildling, but as time passed, she and Bran grew to enjoy her company. She eventually became a maid for Rhaella.

"Why aren't you freaking out?" Rhaella asked, confused. "Isn't this a bad thing?" Osha bursted out laughing, "no, child. You just flowered."

Flowered?

She helped Rhaella clean the bed and helped her get ready for the day. "So, every girl goes through this?" Rhaella asked her. "Yes," Osha answered as she braided Rhaella's silver hair. "It happens to every girl around your age."

"Oh . . ." She said. "It's so messy."

"You do know what this means for you . . .right?" Osha asked her. Rhaella shook her head. She never even knew flowering was a thing until now.

Osha smiled at her innocence, "when a girl flowers, she is able to get married and have children."

"Oh," was all Rhaella could say. She never thought about having children with Bran. One part of her adores children. She often visited Wintertown's orphanage to sing to them, play with them, and read to them. The other part of her was terrified.

"How does a woman come to be with child?" Rhaella asked curiously.

As she listened to Osha explain, she couldn't stop thinking of how painful it must be. Maybe I shouldn't have asked. "Don't worry, silver girl," Osha said, finishing the last braid. "You and the little prince will be much older when that happens. You will be ready, trust me."

She got up from the chair, "thank you for explaining everything to me. I . . . don't have a mother, so I didn't know anything about this stuff."

"Anytime, Princess," Osha smiled. "Now come on, we're supposed to be in the Hall right now."

Bran had been busy with duties as Prince of Winterfell. Most of the time, he had to listen to his people's concerns and requests. Osha and Rhaella walked in and stood next to the main table. Bran turned his head to her and waved. She smiled and waved back. "What took you so long?" Rickon whined. "Girl stuff, child," Osha replied. "But we're here now."

Once Bran was done, they all went to the glass garden and then strolled around the godswood. They looked at the sky and saw a comet. "People say it's an omen, that Robb will win the war," Bran said as Hodor carried him on his back. "Well I heard some say that it's Lannister red, meaning they will continue to rule the kingdoms," Osha said. "The stable boys even said it's the color of blood, for the death of your father. Stars don't fall for men. The comet means one thing boy, dragons." Bran had Hodor place him down in front of the pond.