𝐢𝐱. peaceful days

Chapter 9 | PEACEFUL DAYS

BRAN WAS GLAD TO SEE RHAELLA enjoy her new puppy

BRAN WAS GLAD TO SEE RHAELLA enjoy her new puppy. She held it wherever she went, like a mother with her baby. She always wore her necklace too, cherishing the special gift. It was more than just a gift to her. It was a symbol of their friendship and future.

She also adored her harp, practicing with it whenever Bran had lessons with Maester Luwin. He liked to listen to the tunes as he studied, often getting distracted.

He carried on with his duties, listening to his people's concerns. "And it's not just thieves, my lord. There's wolves in them hills now, more than I ever seen. They come down in the night and they kill my sheep," the Winterfell shepherd said. "My three sons is away fighting for your brother, my lord. They'll fight, keep fighting till they're told to go home. I have no one to man my flock now. Only me. I can't keep watch all day and all night."

Bran nodded, saying, "If it pleases you, sir, we have orphans from Winterstown. Any one of them would gladly be of service and great additions to your family. We can send you two of them to help with your flock. If you have room of course." Rhaella was happy to hear that.

The shepherd smiled. "My wife always prayed for more children. Thank you, my prince. May the gods bless you."

Bran smiled back. Rickon loudly slammed his huge rock onto his acorns, smashing them. "Stop it!" Bran said. He sighed and leaned in towards Rhaella, "you want to go riding before dark?" She, of course, said yes. They loved riding horses together.

Before they could get up, Ser Rodrick bolted inside. "Bran, my Prince!" He had a serious look on his face. "Torrhen Square is under siege."

"Torrhen Square is barely forty leagues from here, how come the Lannisters strike so far North?" Maester Luwin asked. That made Bran and Rhaella worry.

"Raiding party, led by the mountain." Ser Rodrick said. Rhaella remembered seeing his brother enter Winterfell with King Robert, the Hound they called him.

"We have to help them!" Bran said, his voice filled with determination.

"Most of the fighting men are away with Robb, but I can gather two hundred decent men."

"Do you need so many?" Luwin asked.

"We have to send as much as we can!" Bran told the Maester. "If we can't even protect our own banner men, why should they protect us?" That statement made both Rodrick and Rhaella smile.

Bran grinned at Ser Rodrick. "Go, and take all the men you need."

"Won't take long, my prince. Southerners don't do too well over here."

As they waited for Hodor to bring their horses, Bran talked about the raven with three eyes from his dreams. "Do you know anything about it?" He asked Osha. "Or what it means?"