𝐯𝐢. dragons

Chapter 6 | DRAGONS

[ Daenerys ]

ONLY DEATH CAN PAY FOR LIFE . . .

Those were the words of the witch that took Daenerys' husband and child that was within her. Her bloodriders, Jhogo, Rakharo, and Aggo, set up a pyre to burn the witch for her crimes. She followed behind them as they brought out Khal Drogo, her sun-and-stars. She commanded her handmaidens to bring her the dragon eggs. Daenerys took the eggs and placed them around Drogo. As Ser Jorah staked her to the pyre, Daenerys gave her speech.

"I am Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, the Blood of Old Valyria. I am the dragon's daughter. I swear to you, those who harm you will die screaming."

The maegi yelled as Jorah tied her up, "You will not hear me scream!"

"I will," Daenerys replied. "But that is not what I want, only your life. Like you said, only death can pay for life."

Aggo gave her the torch to light up the pyre. Once the fire spread to the witch, she began to say a spell. As Daenerys expected, the chanting soon transitioned to screaming.

She watched as the fire burned.

My eggs will hatch, she thought. They will, I know it.

She looked over at Ser Jorah before walking into the fire. He tried to protest against it, thought it was suicide. It was something beyond his understanding.

This is what I must do, I am blood of the dragon. I cannot be afraid. Fire is within me.

As she took her steps, she closed her eyes. Bring life to my eggs. Bring life to Rhaella's egg. Make dragons be born once again.

When she walked into the flames, she was unburnt. She couldn't feel anything. All she could feel was the hair from her head getting burnt off. She could hear the sounds of cracking throughout the whole night.

As the sun began to rise, the fire finally went out. Her wedding gown and hair were taken from her by the flames. She sat there, surrounded by the logs, covered in soot. When Ser Jorah rushed to the pyre to see her, he gasped and fell to his knees at what he saw.

The cream-and-gold dragon was suckling at her left breast, the green-and-bronze at the right. Her arms cradled them close. The black-and-scarlet beast was draped across her shoulders, its long sinuous neck coiled under her chin. (Daenerys X, AGOT)

"Blood of my blood," he said. The rest of her khalasar that remained bowed before her.

We will take back what was stolen from us, sweet sister. With fire and blood

⭑✧⭑

[ Rhaella ]

[ Rhaella ]

The silver haired princess opened her eyes. She dreamt of something different, not of death but life. Three baby dragons hatching from their eggs. One cream and gold, the second green and bronze, and the third black and scarlet. The three of the hatchlings were surrounded by nothing but flames. She even saw Daenerys holding them in the fire. The dream felt so real. She looked down at her egg, none of them looked like you. That made her sad.

She told Maester Luwin and Bran about the dream. Bran also explained his dreams of running around inside of Summer's body. He could see through his eyes and taste the blood of fresh kill.

"Now, the both of you must stop with these claims that your dreams are real!" He said.

"We dreamt of my father's death too," Bran explained. "And then he did die! Maybe . . .we have the dreams for a reason. A bigger purpose."

"I remember reading about Daenys the Dreamer." Rhaella said. "What if . . .my dreams are dragon dreams? She had them and saved house Targaryen!"

"That she did," Luwin said. "But, sweet girl, magic has been long gone. Dreams can feel real, so real that you feel as if you are there, but they are just dreams. That is all."

"No, they're not," Bran said. "We aren't ordinary children. Our dreams are different, they come true."