𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. name day

Chapter 8 | NAME DAY

RHAELLA WOKE UP EXTRA EARLY to get ready for her special day

RHAELLA WOKE UP EXTRA EARLY to get ready for her special day. As her maids unbraided her hair, she wondered what dress she would wear. Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. "Come in!" She chirped. Bran opened the door, greeting her with a smile, "happy name day!" He was clad in white and black. Rhaella thanked him with all her heart, giving him a warm hug. Summer waltzed himself in, wagging his tail. She held his paw and patted his head.

"I came to bring you this!" Bran handed her a trunk. "Oh, what is it?" She wondered, placing it on the bed. He leaned against the wall, with his arms crossed. "I'm not sure, but it was delivered here. I believe Maester Luwin said it was from Kingslanding."

When she opened it, her eyes widened, "wow!" It had to have been the most beautiful dress she's ever seen! The shiny silk was the color of plums, dark purple fruit she used to eat in Pentos. The bodice was adorned with delicate white lace. The sleeves were long with puffed shoulders, as she imagined princesses wore in fairytales. In the center of the sweatheart neckline, a circled shaped amethyst gem. The dress looked old fashioned, but still elegant and beautiful.

"Does it say who it's from?" Bran asked, clasping his hands over his lower abdomen. He wondered who on earth would send such a gift, making him feel anxious and paranoid.

She found a little card inside, but it only showed an illustration of a spider. "No, it doesn't," she frowned. She held it up to her chest, staring at her reflection. Bran smiled, "it brings out your eyes."

"It does, doesn't it?" She grinned.

"Well, I'll take my leave," Bran said. He called for Summer to follow him. "Rickon will come and escort you to the Great Hall. We have gifts for you!" Hearing him say that only boosted her excitement.

As the maids helped her in the gown, she thought to herself, I'll definitely look like a princess with this dress on! She remembered Sansa gushing about the wardrobe in the South, saying that once they go to Kingslanding they could try on as much dresses as they liked.

Poor Sansa. She remembered the dream of Lord Stark's death. The pain on Sansa's face and in her eyes. Her pleas to spare him. I hope she's okay. She quickly remembered what Bran said. I shouldn't be sad today. It's my special day.

After she finished getting dressed, Rickon greeted her at the door, "happy name day, Rhae!" He giggled, jumping into her arms. Shaggydog followed behind him. The wolf was black with vicious eyes. She thought of the wolf to be the most frightening out of all of them, but she still loved him. She pet Shaggydog's head, making his tail wag. Rickon offered his arm, "I'm here to take you to breakfast!" She wrapped her arm in his, thanking the maids as they left her bedchamber.

Rhaella could smell the scent of delicious food as they were almost to the Great Hall. Once they got there, the table had all of her favorite breakfast food. Eggs, bacon, and fresh-baked bread. Most importantly, there was a whole stack of cream and lemon cakes, her ultimate favorite dessert! Her eyes sparkled at the beautiful sight of the food.