Better Ends | S1 P9

~ Year: N/A | Location: Haven Academy, Remnant ~

A week had passed. Cypher stayed at Haven to get as much information from Lionheart without being seen. But he also stayed to check up on Tanz every day which Morg and Vivi appreciated greatly. However, just after a week, Tanz was ready to get back to training and decided to accept Cypher's offer to join Beacon. He was delighted to hear such news. But before Tanz could leave, she had to go buy a new combat outfit. The feminine family asked why and Cypher explained it would be like having a fresh start and leaving the abandonment of Team GMTN (Gemstone) in the past. Tanz agreed and she liked the idea of getting a new outfit, so Morg and Vivi took her out to get new clothes.

Meanwhile, Cypher had informed Ozpin of his findings and Tanz's agreement. He then told Oz that he'd be going to Shade Academy to install the security system onto their CCT. Ozpin approved and informed Cypher of his findings, such as the train crash that would crash into Vale. However, on the day it was supposed to happen, the White Fang was arrested and Roman was compensated for his work.

This brings us to today. Cypher had arrived at the Anite Household as he needed to inform them he was heading out to Vacuo. He knocked on the door and it opened a couple of seconds later. It revealed Vivi who smiled and let him inside.

"Oh, hello, Doctor! Why are you for this time?" Morg asked with a smile as she and Tanz sat on the sofa. "I'm just here to say goodbye. I've got to head to Vacuo to set up the security system in their CCT," Cypher replied.

"Leaving so soon?" Vivi asked. "I'm a busy man. Besides, I need to talk to Professor Ozpin about something, so getting to Beacon is a priority," Cypher replied.

"Could I come with you?" Tanz asked. Cypher raised an eyebrow, "Really?". "Yes. You're heading back to Beacon after Vacuo. I might as well kill two birds with one stone," she replied.

Cypher looked at Vivi and Morg. "Oh, don't worry. We've already approved it. She already has her bags packed," Morg said with a smile. "Right. Well then, grab your things and say goodbye, we'll be leaving in 5," Cypher said.

Tanz stood up from the sofa and ran upstairs. "Have you got everything?" Vivi asked Cypher. He rolled his eyes, "Yes, Mum,"

"Well, goodbye Doctor," Morg said, standing up and walking over. She then briefly hugged him, "Thank you for visiting. We understand you're a busy man so you taking your time to check on our Little Gem means a lot," she said with a smile.

"I'm a family man. It's what I do," Cypher replied with a smile. "Please take care of her," Vivi said. "You have my word. No one will lay a finger on her, I promise," he said with a nod and smile.

"Quick question before you leave; are you single?" Morg asked. "Yes. Yes, I am. Why do you ask?" Cypher replied. "Well, it's just surprising that such a well-mannered and handsome man such as yourself is single. Many women would love a man like you," Morg said with a smile.