First Day on the Job | S1 P3

~ Year: N/A | Location: Atlas Academy, Remnant ~

Cypher awoke from his sleep as his alarm sounded

Cypher awoke from his sleep as his alarm sounded. He sat up in his double bed and yawned. He rubbed his eyes before getting out of bed and making his way to the kitchen. Once he entered the kitchen, he made his breakfast, which was scrambled eggs on toast with baked tomatoes and a glass of orange juice. While he was eating his breakfast, he took this time to check the timetable.

 While he was eating his breakfast, he took this time to check the timetable

After finishing his breakfast, he got dressed in his usual outfit. He grabbed his white lab coat, left it unbuttoned, grabbed everything else he would need, and left the room. He began to make his way to the training arena, which he luckily knew the location of thanks to the schematics that Atlas Academy Phobos had recovered.

Cypher arrived at the training arena many minutes later and entered. "Ah, you're here early," he said, looking over and seeing Winter standing there with her hands behind her back.

"Well, you know what they say; the early bird captures the worm," Cypher replied. "I don't think we've been properly introduced yet," Winter said. She held her hand out and said, "Winter Schnee, Atlas Specialist.". Cypher shook her hand and said, "Doctor Cypher Rex."

"The general has informed me you have no aura," she said, pulling her hand away. Cypher only chuckled nervously. "Yeah."

"Don't worry, I'll unlock it for you," she said. "Oh. Thank you, Winter," he said with a soft smile and voice.

She nodded once in compliance and placed a hand on his chest. "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality. Through this, we become a paragon of virtue and glory, rising above all. Infinite in distance and unbound by death, I release your soul, and by my shoulder, protect thee," she said, using her aura to unlock his.

As soon as that was done, Winter panted heavily and fell to her knees while Cypher glowed bright blue. He offered his hand to Winter, and she held it as she stood up.

"Are you alright?" he asked concerningly. "Yes, thank you. I used my aura to unlock yours. You seem to have a lot of it. Whenever you unlock your semblance, I'm sure it'll be useful," she replied.