The Turning Point | S1 P16

~ Year: N/A | Location: Amity Colosseum, Remnant ~

"Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for: the on-on-one finals!" Port announced as the crowd cheered

"Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for: the on-on-one finals!" Port announced as the crowd cheered. "Barty, why don't you explain the rules?" Port asked. "Uhh, it's quite simple Peter. Instead of a bracket system, each round of the finals will be randomly determined immediately before the match occurs," Oobleck explained.

"Much like any good hunt, there will be zero time to prepare!" Port said. "Ah, yes yes. Now let's see who our first match will be!" Oobelcked said.

The randomisation process rolled as anticipation grew. It dinged as it eventually slowed to a stop. "Yang Xiao Long and Phobos Rex!" Port announced. "Break a leg, sis!" Ruby cheered. "You can do it, Phobos!" Tanz cheered. "Would all other combatants please leave the stage," Port requested.

The other combatants left the centre platform and began to lift in the air as well as a ring of spotlights. They turned on as Yang and Phobos faced each other.

"You better not go easy on me," Yang said. "When do I ever go easy?" Phobos replied.

"Three!"

"Two!"

"One!"

"Fight!"

Yang pulled back and punched Phobos, he caught her fist and uppercut her with his other fist, sending her back. He ran at her and she front-flipped over him, proceeding to fire her shotgun shells from her gauntlets and box before punching him in the torso as she fired another shotgun shell. She backflipped as he was launched back and landed on his feet.

Phobos took this opportunity to activate his Semblance. So he activated his duel disk and selected the character he would play as. A bright light materialised over Phobos as Yang shot her shotgun shells at him yet they got blown away by the bright light. Once the bright light died down, it revealed who Phobos was.

"Bring it, ya big palooka," Phobos said, getting into a boxing stance

"Bring it, ya big palooka," Phobos said, getting into a boxing stance. He ran at Yang as she fired her shotgun shells at him, yet they bounced off him and only left small scorch marks. Jumping up, he connected his fists and brought them down on Yang who blocked it with her arms.